We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Romance - worth the money?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coral Romance - worth the money?

Hello, I'm going over in May for my honeymoon. Staying 6 nights in a DBV and 6 nights in a JWV (Select AI). We're saving every penny we have to pay for this honeymoon along with our wedding. The honeymoon alone is an awful lot of money to us. I've looked through this forum for general tips etc and come across a lot of people mentioning how good the Coral romance trip is. I'm open to the idea of seeing more of the Maldives, but I can't help but think it's a waste of money to spend the night somewhere else when we have already paid so much money on what I'm hoping is going to be a 'luxury' holiday. To have an already paid for room on one island and to then pay extra for a night on another island doesn't seem worth it? Basically, I'm wondering why exactly the Coral Romance trip is so good and why it's worth the extra money?

Thanks

3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Coral Romance - worth the money?

Hi, we did the island hopping trip in October this year. It's not really worth the money. You travel an hour and half to a local island and then all the way back to veligandu to experience another resort island. At veligandu you have to pay for your own drinks despite being select AI on Kuramathi. You then travel to a remote island for a BBQ which is nice but you are obviously paying for this food, but being select AI food should always be included. The bit they don't tell you about is the horrible little boat you have to go on in order to get to the remote island. I probably wouldn't recommend. Not value for money.

3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Coral Romance - worth the money?

Hi, we went on the island hopping trip in October this year. It's not really worth the money. You travel an hour and half to a local island. Then all the way back to Veligandu. You have to pay for drinks on Veligandu despite being select AI. You then travel to a remote island which is owned by Veligandu. The BBQ is nice but you are obviously having to pay for the food despite being On select AI. Toilets on this island are horrific. The bit they don't tell you about is the rickety boat you have to change to in order to get to the remote island. Wouldn't recommend and not value for money.

3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Coral Romance - worth the money?

Hi, we did the island hopping trip in October this year. It's not really worth the money. You travel an hour and half to a local island and then all the way back to veligandu to experience another resort island. At veligandu you have to pay for your own drinks despite being select AI on Kuramathi. You then travel to a remote island for a BBQ which is nice but you are obviously paying for this food, but being select AI food should always be included. The bit they don't tell you about is the horrible little boat you have to go on in order to get to the remote island. I probably wouldn't recommend. Not value for money.

14. Re: Coral Romance - worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 22, 2014