We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiders

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spiders

We are off to kuramathi in November and have been reading all the recent reviews, the latest one has scared me with a mention of a huge spider in the outside shower of a beach villa, can anyone put my mind at rest, I'm terrified of spiders and didn't think they were much of a problem in the Maldives. We have booked a beach villa but I am wondering whether I should be trying to change it to an accomodation type with an indoor bathroom?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spiders

6 visits no spiders, luckily ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Spiders

The large flying cockroaches are another story entirely however,,,,

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spiders

Three Maldives holidays on different islands and no spiders!

However there are definitely Maldivian hamsters around!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spiders

We never saw any in the two weeks that we were there

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spiders

4 trips including 2 to Kuramathi and I don't recall a single spider, and I am really not their biggest fan. Do watch out for the heron and the stingray feeding though, it landed on my other half's shoulder last year, great picture but he hsaid his shirt then smelled of fish all night afterwards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Spiders

I recon the snakes eat all the spiders. :-) Its possible you will see one on a island but well worth the small chance to be in the Maldives and enjoy the outside bathroom. All part of the Maldives experience.

Glasgow, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Spiders

In 3 visits (october, april and december) I have never seen a spider :-)

18. Re: Spiders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 19, 2014