We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Select AI - price per day to upgrade?

Carlisle
Level Contributor
42 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Select AI - price per day to upgrade?

Hi,

We've just booked the Kuramathi (a week AI in a garden villa mid-Oct) and can't wait! Fingers crossed the weather will be nice :)

We booked the standard AI option (I wasn't made aware of the select option when I booked). From the reviews, it definitely seems to be the way to go but there are various comments on how much this upgrade costs. I will speak to our travel agent (Blue Bay Travel) but I'd be keen to get a clear idea before I speak to them.

Is a room upgrade worth it?

Thanks very much

Katherine

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Select AI - price per day to upgrade?

a room upgrade or an upgrade to select AI?. Given the choice of the two, i would without hesitation upgrade to select AI. Our experience was that doing it with your travel agent was much cheaper than doing it on arrival at the island (although others say otherwise).

For the quite small cost, I would also upgrade to a BV, but if budget is an issue, stick to the garden room (nice but not as nice as the BV's. )

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Select AI - price per day to upgrade?

If I remember correctly you get 20% discount at the a la carte restaurants whilst on AI - so one option is to upgrade your room and just budget for a few extra special meals in the evening.

The select AI is excellent but we did leave the island feeling a little bit stuffed and unhealthy - it's difficult not to have a large lunch / dinner each day when you have paid a hefty premium to eat where you want. We vowed that the next island would be b&b or hb.

It is down to your priorities really.

3. Re: Select AI - price per day to upgrade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 19, 2014