We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

Hey all forum readers!

Going to Kuramathi mid-August this year for honeymoon and cannot wait! We have the Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi booked, wanted to find out room number suggestions where there are no walking paths in front, quite close to the beach, private and quiet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a map of the island with room number, the map on the website just refers to the locations, however was looking for something with perhaps room number?

Thanks again

Regards

Mac

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

its been a couple of years but i think all the DBV with jacuzzi have a path in front and none are 'on' the beach. I think they are in a line on the lagoon side of the island.

Dont think there is such a thing as a map with room numbers on as that Q has been asked before

South Wales
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

The DJBV's are on a lovely part of the beach lagoon side. We were there in 2011 and we made point of remembering our room number as it was a lovely spot- 222. It was next to the honeymoon villa which remained empty for the duration of our holiday which meant we never had neighbours. It was close enough to the bars and restaurant to be convenient but far enough away for it to be peaceful. Although people can walk past your villa (as with most BV's on all the islands) most people use the interior paths so it wouldnt really call it a path.

I'm not sure what Paul meant when he said they are not on the beach though? They have a lovely beachfront location.

UK
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

Paul is correct... None of them are on the beach.. The path in front is the main route from 2 of the buffet restaurants to the palm restaurant so if lying on your porch yes people will be walking past... About 7 paces across the path will have you on the beach. Dont worry though they are in my opinion the nicest rooms on the island. Your back garden with jacuzzi is completely private... You might not want to leave it!!!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

What i meant was; they are not 'on' the beach as in say Maafushivaru or Athuruga, where you walk out your patio door straight onto the beach with no path in front. But yes, the beach and the sea is just a few paces across the path. We liked to walk along the outside paths by the beach as opposed to the inner paths as we liked to go onto the beach from the paths and take in the sea views. Plus when we were at the pool at the far end of the island, we would walk up to the Palm for lunch on the beach path so we would walk past the DBVs with jacuzzi rather than through the interior of the island..

5. Re: Deluxe JBV - Room number recommendation ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 04, 2014