We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

Paris, France
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

I'm going to Kuramathi this sunday, staying there for a week, and was wondering about the weather: I know forecasts are not always accurate, but they all predict rain and thunderstorms!

Anyone there right now, or been there mid-may?

I know it's the monsoon season but hoping for the best!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

This is the benefit of experts versus first time reviewers. T23 said the food was not great and the reef not great and that is still the case apparently. Being an AI fan the whole Moofushi AI plan really appeals but if the food and reef not up to scratch I aint going lol.

South Wales
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

Hiya Paul

If standard of accommodation, prettiness of the island and AI plan is a priority, Moofushi has it all. The food is good but limited choice but the biggest issue for us is definitely the snorkelling. We have now done every inch of the reef and it is pretty poor. We have done what t23 suggests and booked ourselves on some boat trips. Fortunately they go out daily. The problem I have is that my husband dives so he goes off every day leaving me to my own devices. Selfish sod!! LOL . I enjoy going off on my own to snorkel and taking pics. I don't really fancy going off on a boat trip on my tod. I did it last year over to Lonobu but that was only a short hop. The snorkelling over there was amazing wasn't it!

The gutting thing for me is that I bought my first half decent underwater camera this year and not really been able to use it!

Tubingen, Germany
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

hey we have just returned fom kuramathi and we had actually some really cloudy days with no sun at all..but i think you will be lucky...the weather just changed totally, the last 2 days were total sunny...and some friends who are still overt here are posting pics with amazing weather..so donnt worry

14. Re: Going may 12- may 19 : weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014