We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

bangalore
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Hi,

I am planning to visit Karumathi Island Resort during 1st week of December 2013 for my anniversary. This will be our 1st visit to Maldives.

Can anybody help me with the info on how many months before we should book the rooms etc.

I have always got the best rates & rooms when I'd booked approx 3 months in advance, but then this is Maldives - and I hear its different !!

Thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

To avoid disappointment on an island you have set your hart on you should start looking ASAP

Darryl

bangalore
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Thanks Darry.

Do you suggest booking through Kuoni, like most of the trip advisors, or directly with the resort ? Which will be cheaper ?

Lee

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Hi

The best person to ask about Karum is Paul1962Belfast ,

You could try Richard @purelyMaldives for a quote

Darryl

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Not sure what travel agents you have where u live but most on here would not book with kuoni. Most would book with a kuoni agent who sell kuoni holidays as they are always cheaper . I have always found the rack prices charged by resorts very very expensive. As has been suggested try a quote from purely maldives and take it from there

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Hi, I have booked with an kuoni agent who beat kuonis price by £600 for 11 nights!!.

I'm there at beginning of December 2013 and because I've booked early you get guaranteed upgrade on room so get booking now

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

I'm not sure that's right, I think the prices are probably much better come the new year. Kuramathi is a very big resort, so no availability issues, they were still selling rooms in November this year for early December at very good prices, plus the first week in decemeber is not peak season and prices will have just been released for next dec at this stage.

Personally I would not book now, as prices will probably drop around jan/ feb time, probably further drops later as the year goes on. The price drops will probably off set any incentives out there to book at the very high early prices. Which is what they are. Incentives to pay full prices.

So no, I would not rush to book a big island now, for early dec, a year in advance, I am pretty sure you will get it cheaper later. Just watch it and book at a price that suits you, then don't look back.

Potton, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

I have booked with kuoni for june but wanted direct flights with ba and that is where the availability is limited

London
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Got booked direct flight with Kuoni representative. Also with better price than Kuoni

bangalore
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

Thanks for the replies. I guess i will target around May for booking in Dec, which is 6 months in advance. Hopefully, this will get me the right balance between best rates & assurance of rooms.

We have got Kuoni in Bangalore and would check with them surely.

10. Re: Karumathi Island Resort - booking for 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 20, 2013