We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private dining

east sussex
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Private dining

As anyone had the private dining option and where did you dine? I was thinking to go for the option on the water's edge but this may not be very pleasant if its a tad breezy? X

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private dining

Didn't do it myself, but the serenade jetty looked nice. Out over the water, but if it was windy they pulled down the (clear) blinds. There was a couple out there most nights that we were there.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private dining

we didnt do it at Kuramathi. But i have heard tales of food being luke warm when it arrives at your table. At Maafushivaru - (well Lonubu to be precise) they cook the food right next to your table on a put up cooking station so it is hot but at Kuramathi i think it comes from the nearest kitchen.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private dining

We did it at Veligandu last year and it was fabulous, right on the beach,the food was wonderful, will definitely do it again next year.

east sussex
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private dining

That's good info, thanks x

Male
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private dining

Hi! Did the Serenade dinner last December with my partner and it was the most romantic experience.

The food was great - (we had the regular 5 coures menu - not the vegetarian one). Also it was my boyfriend's birthday and the staff came with a cake and sang for him - it was my surprise for him - and he was very happy with it.

It was a bit breezy but the Serenade jetty had clear blinds so, so one panel was closed and it solved the problem.

6. Re: Private dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 14, 2013