We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Villa

Telford
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Water Villa

I have booked to stay in Beach Villa in Dec but was wondering whether to upgrade to Water Villa ? How deep is the sea when going in from steps ? Also which ones best to see Reef Sharks or any marine life from without snorkelling please?

Also can you hire your own buggy for the week?

thanks

Heather

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Water Villa

Spending money?... Not much in terms of hard cash. Just small denomination USdollars for tips , money for souvenirs if u go to a local island and money for airport and a reserve. Personally for a week I would take $100-$200 and everything else on credit card

Telford
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Water Villa

Thank you can't wait for our first visit!

east sussex
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Water Villa

Hi Paul

Do you know what JWV Is nearest to the sandbank? Is it 280 ?

Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Water Villa

Yes... 280 furthest up the island

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Water Villa

We could only book a WV, the only room type left when we were looking. Now slightly down hearted after reading all these comments :-(

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Water Villa

Hi Jodie

Welcome to the Forum. When did you book and when are you going? and who did you book with?. There are so many rooms on Kuramathi I am surprised that only the normal WVs are available unless you have booked at very short notice. If this is your first time to the Maldives, any island and any room will blow you away. I would thought it possible to be able to upgrade or downgrade once on the island as with so many rooms, 100% occupancy would be an unusual feature unless you are going in peak season, Jan - Apr.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Water Villa

Thanks for your response Paul!

We arrive on the 27th December and are staying for 14 nights. We booked through Kuoni and unfortunotely this was the only room type available, or so we were told. I did email Kuramathi directly and they have said we can always request on arrival and obviously if they have JWV available then we can upgrade. Fingers crossed :-)

Like you say, having never been to the Maldives in my life I am sure to be blown away whatever the outcome.

Roll on December!

Jodie

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Water Villa

New Year is very popular though

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Water Villa

the Kuramathi website has availability in the New year (1-10 Jan 2013) for WV & JWV

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Water Villa

Sorry just seen this, maybe we can change room type for part of our stay even. That's good news.