We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best island for £5000 to £6000

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best island for £5000 to £6000

Just like to hear other people's opinion. What do you think the best holiday is for about £5000 to £6000 including flights transfers etc. full board or all inc

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

Athuruga without question. Just had a quick look at Kuoni for early June 2013 and they have it for around £5600 for 2 weeks.

OD

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

David 1807 ..... I stand corrected !!!!!!! Silly me, Of course should have guessed "Plan" are Swiss ...... explains why they are so efficiently run.. .. so it is not just the cuckoo clock that is expertly exported!!!!! Leaf sweeping, aah yes that could be fun but think I prefer to drive the buggy up and down the water villa jetty!!!! or be assistant to the Head Waiter in the buffet restaurant with his magic tricks!!!!! LOL.........................

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

David 1807 ..... I stand corrected !!!!!!! Silly me, Of course should have guessed "Plan" are Swiss ...... explains why they are so efficiently run.. .. so it is not just the cuckoo clock that is expertly exported!!!!! Leaf sweeping, aah yes that could be fun but think I prefer to drive the buggy up and down the water villa jetty!!!! or be assistant to the Head Waiter in the buffet restaurant with his magic tricks!!!!! LOL.........................

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

No problem. Everyone assumes they are Italian. I'm sure there are enough jobs for everyone. I'm not too keen on driving the buggy. I still don't see why you need to drive anywhere on a tiny island - even if it has been extended.

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

Don't do the water villa bit, just does not float my boat but I guess the buggy saves those folk from doing the "jetty jive" !!!! And the guy who drives it is such a happy chappy!!

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

Hi Tiggy, hope you had a lovely time. I would drive the buggy, sweep the beach, work behind the bar or do the snorkel safari, all of which beat my dull job in such a wet climate (although am soaking up the rays in Madeira at present) Went diving here yesterday, not bad, but not a patch on a 7am snorkel in Athuruga. Hey, just thought, I can run the laundry as I am used to doing 20 loads a week!

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

David, the company is based in Lugano is it not? The Italian end of Switzerland. When we were on Thudu a few years ago the owners were there, and they were lovely; friendly, charming and just mucked in with every one else. You would have taken them for Italians though rather than Swiss. (bit of stereotyping here ....).

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

Yes, they are based in Lugano. Just like Italians but better organisation skills.

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

OH you poor soul Pathesmum, in Madeira ..... whilst we all "drown" here in the UK .... lol !!!!! Yes, thoroughly loved and enjoyed Athurga .... positively the best island ever all round, and we have visited a fair few over more years I care to remember ......... defo. back on the "save for" list, but as our eldest son is getting married in NZ in 2014, a bit of serious saving is going to have to be put in place as we intend to shut up shop here then for at least a couple of months .and go on serious walkabouts .............. you only live once and as we are forever creeping into the autumn of our lives, the motto is go for it all out and enjoy!!

20. Re: Best island for £5000 to £6000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, July 17, 2013