We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speedboat

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Speedboat

Off to Kuramathi at end of June and currently have speedboat transfers. Our flight home leaves Mali at 10am & check in from 7am, - what time is the first speedboat off the island, - I'm assuming it will be very early?

Do they run these on a schedule, or it it connected with flight times etc?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Speedboat

0n0n .. it was something like 2 cases and 1 dufflebag and they all floated long enough for the staff to grab them fast .. the owners were mentioning having cameras etc in them .. but they couldn't determine how wet or broken anything was during the ride .. i didn't really check how it was settled afterwards.

england
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Speedboat

As I said, I can just imagine if it were me. I find lengthy (i.e. over 10 minutes) speedboat rides uncomfortable and it's another reason to go to S Ari Atool 99.99% of time where you are transported by sea plane. Thanks for replying.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Speedboat

Thanks for the replies, so would you say that the seaplane is worth the extra £100 for the upgrade, or just stick with the boat? I guess the plane could also be delayed if bad weather? Would this also run early in the morning?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Speedboat

Yes, if the weather is bad, they can delay you or put you on the boat if it is not flying at all. Personally I would pick the plane over the boat, I don't find the boat as pleasant,,,diesel fumes and bumpy, as well as seasick daughter. For us, the views from the seaplane are a bonus in flying. And it's an experience not to be missed, you dont see much from the boat. However it's personal choice really.

Why don't you do plane to the island and boat back. Then you get to do both. And yes, the seaplanes go from sun rise also.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Speedboat

That is a good idea (if we can fid the extra money!)

So just to confirm whicever we choose, both the plane and the speedboat will leave the island early in time for a 10am filght from Mali?

I have just been reading some other reviews saying that boats only left the island once a day at 8.30am, which would be too late so didnt want this to be the case & have to go the night before & pay for hotel etc, but I assume this is old information now?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Speedboat

Have never had a speedboat transfer so can't comment...but have caught a 10 am flight several times with seaplane transfer no problem. It's an early morning call, but seaplanes will fly from 6am or just after.

Ian

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Speedboat

Yes, both will go, you will get there in plenty of time.

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Speedboat

by the way it's Male not Mali

19. Re: Speedboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, June 19, 2013