We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

sorry folks you can tell holidaty drawing close all the questions seem to arise. I am a magnet for mossies how bad is it likely to be we travel 17 March- thanks again and any best product info welcome!!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

We've been 4 times in March and had 1 bite between us - and only got that at the airport terminal as we waited for the speedboat to Fiha last year (or mayve even on the boat itself - not sure).

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

Yes, I got bitten at kuramathi. I think much depends on how much time you spend in the more densely planted interior of the island and walking through thr paths, and also what type of accommodation you have,,,water villa unlikely, where as maybe some of the beach/ garden/ villas if they are near foliage' will be more likely. If I remember also some foliage round the pool that may cause some bites.

Just take normal precautions and you will be fine, mosquito repellant in the room, Avon skin so soft (buy on line at Avon and they deliver) in the evenings and also some 50percent deet, both, after your shower. Take some anti histamine cream to apply if you do get bitten and take some pirateze or anti histamine tablets and will be fine.

Everyone is different, some people attract them, some don't unfortunately I do. As march is still quite dry I don't imagine you will have many problems. You'll

have a great time:))

Edited: 1:37 pm, February 13, 2012
staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

Thanks so much folks getting excited now and will make a list of what we need

x

Gatwick
Level Contributor
133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

we went last Feb and took mozzie spray, plug in room thing etc but did not use them once. I have to say we got no bites and saw no flies either!

5. Re: travelling in march will mossies be a big problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 07, 2013