We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiders and smoking!?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spiders and smoking!?

going to kuramathi in september 2012. just wondering before we go is there many spiders around or in the water villas. also my boyfriend smokes. can you smoke everywhere or is there limitations? also can u buy smokes on the resort or does he need to bring his own?

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

Gengy and Luvohols. I am off to Aus soon. I will get hubby to pack number 13 flip flops, even though he is only a 7!

Froggy LOL similar incident to you, although it involved a hornet and a can of Lynx! Had a laugh as hubby tried to defend himself against the hornet.The lady hornets must have been pleased.

Seriously though. Someone once told me not to kill anything I wasn't prepared to eat. Anyone fancy smoked spiders?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

I hate the damn things! Give me a friendly gecko anyday.....they eat spiders too.

If the Maldives had spiders similar to Australia, I'd be tempted to start a:

'Spiders....Would you go - Yes or No?' thread. :-)

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

The Maldives does have some pretty big huntsmen type spiders but you are unlikely to see them and as far as I know they are not venomous. And Turquoise, depending on where you are going get those flip flops ready, there is supposed to be a big boost in the spider population in some parts of Australia because the weather has been perfect for their breeding. And if you are going anywhere near Sydney do a bit of research on the Funnel Web spider. Not trying to worry you or anything.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

Ehrm, it was his size 11 fln actually. Lol. Made a big slapping noise when it hit the floor. The spider just kept on coming at him.

Seriously, we let the little ones out, but this was a monster, with no exaggeration,. With it's legs out, it was bigger than my hand with fingers splayed. It's legs were double jointed when it moved...you know like an upside down V, shivering even to think about it...I actually thought it was a crab when I first saw it in the loo and I had to do a double take before I realised it was a monster spider in the loo with me,

Sorry, but it was the spider or us,...so it was time to bring out the big guns, and

out came the flippers.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

Gengy I actually lived in Aus too, but only for two years. I became slightly desensitised to bugs. After watching that Youtube clip that really brought the fear back! Yes I will be spending time in Sydney.Also in Huntsman territory. I don't like the sound of your 'big boost to spider population' tale lol

Froggy I think I will need to borrow your hubby. He sounds braver than mine and his feet are bigger! haha I can feel a lot of screaming coming on!

16. Re: Spiders and smoking!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 18, 2013