We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon booked....

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon booked....

Just booked our honeymoon to Kuramathi for July 2012, literally cannot wait! Thanks for everyone's helpful and honest reviews, i must say thats what sold it to us, never seen such positive reviews!

Booked with Kuoni (through tropical warehouse/blue bay travel) and got a great price, we've got the a la carte option which they've confirmed is the same as the 'select' one, could anyone confirm this?

Also we've got a beach villa but will have the upgrade to hopefully the deluxe beach villas but we are also considering staying in a water villa for one of two nights, does anyone know if this is possible to arrange once you're there and how expensive it would be!

Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon booked....

select is the same as a la carte.

The deluxe beach villas would be my next favourite (for the price) after a JWV due to their location. Most of the land based villas have paths and trees in front of them but most of the Deluxe beach villas are literally right on the beach. There have been several reviews which give good room numbers to request.

Upgrade to the JWV, not the standard WV which are far inferior.

As for upgrading in resort, it can be done as long as there is availability which you cannot guarantee.. As for the cost, check out the Kuramathi web page as it gives the price of a room per night in US dollars. You might want to -email the resort and make some enquiries about costs etc. You may even be able to upgrade there and then but I dont know for sure about that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon booked....

Thanks for the info Paul, I guess there is no guarantee that we'll get a deluxe beach villa but I have requested it and i'll try and find out an actual room number and request that too.

3. Re: Honeymoon booked....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 11, 2012