We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

Hi Folks

just booked for March 2012 ( already counting down!) been reading comments re lagoon side water villas and we are a little concerned as someone posted that you couldnt sunbathe as the 'deck/terrace' was covered?

Obviously we will want to sunbathe, and as we have paid more than we originally budgeted for, as we thought it might be a special experience I am now concerned, can anyone help please.

Thanks everso

Bev

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

we have only stayed in the Jacuzzi water villas and they get the sun all day and you see the sunset and sunbathe on the open deck from your loungers. The normal water villas are on the opposite side of the island. I dont think you can sunbathe from them as other posters have said but I may be wrong. Just google images both villas and you will see what i mean. All i can say is you should sell some body parts to get the extra money or rob a bank and go for the Jacuzzi Water villas as IMO they are far far superior to the normal water villas. The JWV will give you that special experience.

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

eeek thanks- do you want to buy a kidney!!!

Devon
Level Contributor
289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

Hi there

Can I also add that I would definitely avoid water villas numbers 301 and 302 as they don't offer so much privacy due to being fairly close to a jetty and a bar.

I deliberately chose a deluxe beach villa over a water villa to give me the opportunity to choose where I wanted to put my lounger - on the deck which offered shade - or simply to pull it a couple of feet on to the beach right outside if I fancied the sun shine. This was perfect for me.

The thing to remember is that there are lovely loungers on every deck but no loungers on the beach so if your deck is in shade for most of the day you wouldn't be able to carry your lounger from a water villa to the beach.

For me this would be a deal-breaker as I wouldn't want to have paid for such a luxury holiday and end up having to take a towel to put on the beach if I wanted to lay in the sun for a while!

As I said the deluxe beach villa was great in every respect - privacy, seclusion, comfort, location etc. However I do agree with Paul that the Jacuzzi water villas are stunning. (but obviously more dosh - if not the kidney then an arm and a leg) You could always consider a DBV for ten days and upgrade to the JWV maybe for the last four days maybe?

What ever you do my advice would be on no account compromise the Select All Inclusive Plan over accommodation.

Hope this helps.

Maz

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

I can confirm that the decking of the Water Villas are in complete shade. I stayed in one in May this year and it was the only minor negative of the room type (although far better than the Superior Villas that are directly next to the footpath IMO)...the sea on the lagoon side is amazing though...steps lead to shallow calm waters on powder soft sea bed and you can walk out very far at low tide....I would stay in the same room again tomorrow given the chance.

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

thanks so much still not decided on wether to change rooms but feel happier now

x

Devon
Level Contributor
289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

Hi again

Just to say I'm happy to send you a couple of photos of both DBV and of JWV if you think it may help. If so, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them on to you.

Maz

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

Thanks again for all the advice folks - we have swopped rooms!

gone for the Deluxe beach villa with jacuzzi- still on the lagoon side but at least we can move our beds around LOL

decided I needed all organs and limbs just counting down and March seems ages away!

staffs uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

Maz

would love some photos thanks sooo much I am more excited than an excited person in anexcited competiton , who has just got first prize!

bevuttely@aol.com

Cheers

Bev

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

I think you'd have loved whatever room you were in cos the whole place is magnificent......but just to add 1 more thing....there is a row of DBV+J in the south east corner of the island that seemed to me to be some of the most secluded land villas on the island. Kind of comes with its own great beach....I remeber making a mental note to check out which rooms they were when I got home...just in case I ever return....dream on!!

10. Re: Kuramathi Water Villas- Lagoon Side Sunbathing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 04, 2012