We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction works

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Construction works

Hi there,

I plan a trip to Kuramathi next February, but I'm a little bit worried, because I read in the recent reviews that construction works are on going at the Island. Is there anyone who can provide more detailed information about that?

Thanks in advance!

hove, england
Level Contributor
163 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction works

the new bio station was being constructed while we were there in november and the honeymoon beach villas were under way. neither of these works were intrusive and i wouldn't be put off. it honestly didn't affect our enjoyment of the resort.

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction works

Just back and it never bothered us at all.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction works

We were there in November, you can see the building works if you go looking for it, however as others have said it didn't bother us. We didn't find it intrusive and the building works are on a small scale.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction works

We were at the top end of the island and weren't even aware of building works until we did a circuit of the whole island. There are some upgrades to rooms in the middle of the island also but walking past there was minimal noise and intrusion.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction works

Thank you for the replies. Just one more question - are there any other renovations in the rooms except the new Bio station?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction works

Yes there are renovations to rooms about half way up the island, I'm not sure what room type they are. All the renovations are screened off from public view

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction works

Does anyone know when these construction works are supposed to finish?

hove, england
Level Contributor
163 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction works

the rooms being worked on in the middle of the island will be the honeymoon beach villas. i wouldn't be surprised if they're finished by now. as for the bio station, not sure.

whatever, i think it's a work in progress and as soon as the new villas & bio station are complete they'll move onto somewhere else - with a resort that size they'll always be some work going on but it honestly shouldn't put you off - the works are discreet and not intrusive at all.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction works

Max_woof can you send some more info about these honeymoon beach villas, because I haven't seen them anywhere. It'll be great if you have any pictures. Are they building them from scratch or just changing the type of some old villas?

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction works

Sorry I found them... my fault