We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

manchester
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

I have recently returned to Kuramathi and have completed my review which should be on the website soon. I have been watching the forum for several months prior to my visit and noticed that a lot of people had trouble finding out information about the different room types. We saw every room type (from the outside of course) whilst there so would like to shed a little light on the location and general look of the villas. The Kuramathi website gives good pictures of the inside of the rooms and lists the amenities but donesn’t help much in terms of location. Hopefully you willl find the following information useful and if anyone has any questions about rooms or anything else, I will be happy to help. Please remember I am commenting about the outside of the villas only.

Garden Villas – These are in blocks of 4, one block sits right near the beach and the others are in what is called gardens but some areas are quite tatty. They don’t look like guest villas from the outside as they look quite run down. In fact we thought they may be reserved for staff’s family if they came to visit because they didn’t fit the general standard of all other guest villas. The are located in the village end of the island and are closest to the lagoon side of the sea.

Beach Villas – These are a really good size and are in a horse shoe shape closest to the lagoon side at the village end. I would say that 60% of them should be called garden villas because they are certainly not close enough to the beach to warrant calling them beach villas. A lot are covered from trees and so it could be hit and miss sunbathing on the terrace. They look like a good standard but kind of remind me of the lodges at Centre Parcs in the Lake District as a lot of the garden areas are quite overgrown and tatty.

Deluxe Beach villas – these are semi detached and located at the sandbank end of the island on the reef side. The last 2 villas 355 and 356 (we stayed in 356) have the terrace on stilts over the sea but the rest of the villa is on land. The others have a sandy path leading down to the sea (maybe about 10 steps from terrace to sea). Some have a lot of greenery which obstruct the view from your room but most have a nice clear view of the sea. Villa 354 was the only one that we saw where you could get onto the beach without going through the villa. This was where ourselves and villa 355 were able to get into the sea. Therefore if you want more privacy, I would recommend requesting that you do not have this villa. They are small in comparison to beach villas an all higher room categories but we were pleasantly surprised by the size…ample room for 2 and still ok if you had a 3rd bed in the room.

Beach villa with Jacuzzi – The back garden looks quite big. They are located on the reef side and mostly have a nice area of beach near them. Again some are not overly close to the beach but closer that the beach villas.

Superior beach villa with Jacuzzi – These look quite contemporary in design but back garden appears quite small compared to other villas. Not all have a sea view and some sit on a very rocky area of beach. These are on the reef side at the village end of the island.

Deluxe beach villa with Jacuzzi – These are in a lovely location on a beautiful area of beach on the lagoon size. They also have a parasol (as well as loungers) on the terrace. These are in the central area of the island near the palm pizzeria and would be our choice of villa if budget could have stretched that far.

Water villas – these are semi detatched with shared steps down to the lagoon. They are on the lagoon side and the ones closest to 301 could see the sting ray feeding from the balcony. The balconies are completely covered and so no sun all day. They are close to the sandbank.

Water villas with Jacuzzi – These are detatched and are located on the reef side close to many snorkelling channels. The sea can get quite rough when windy on this side of the island so some days you will be fighting with some waves for a swim but on calmer days is it fine. They are a very good size and still look new (much newer looking than the water villas) with very good sized sun decks.

Mentioned in this post
Lake District
Lake District
Cumbria, UK
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

Thanks for the link, Martin. The website has a lot of photos that other sites don't have.

manchester
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

Hi Martin

thats a great photo. I can definatly confirm that the left hand side one is 356 and the right hand side is 355. That photo is at low tide although it doesnt rise and fall more than about 1 meter

kent
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

Hi Emma,

I am thinking of going here for my honeymoon, and staying in a jacuzzi water villa , do you think they are nice my partner is owrried they look worn \/

thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

The jacuzzi water villas are really new and are not really worn as of yet. They certainly dont look as pristine as they do on the Kuramathi website (they really have 'airbrushed' all of their images on the website) but they look lovely and you can tell that they are new compared to the water villas.

Emma

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

I stayed in a water villa with jacuzzi recently and it was pretty immaculate inside. The only problem was a lack of storage space e.g. drawers. But this was hardly the end of the world.

You have a really big area of decking and we felt that it was pretty private - just the odd snorkeller swimming past. You'd have to lean over, past your side fencing, to see the other villas.

The water villas without jacuzzis, on the lagoon side of the island, seemed a lot smaller. They had far less decking space and, I think, they shared steps with the next door villa - so not as much privacy.

kent
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

hi and did u get the sun on the decking with the jwv ? can you reccomend a side i can ask for ?

Nr Oxford, England
Level Contributor
37 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

Hi Emma

Thanks for your review - it's very helpful. We are going soon and have booked a beach villa. Would love one as near to the sea as possible. You recommended emailing - what the best email address do you suggest, please?

18. Re: Information about all rooms at Kuramathi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 06, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi