We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

London, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Hi,

Just booked my Honeymoon for September 2010!!!

We are spending 7 nights in a Deluxe Beach Villa, then 7 nights in a Water Villa. We have only booked the standard AI.

Can someone please give me a flavour for the types of things available in the standard buffets please?

I may choose to go "a la carte" for our 2nd week in the Water Villa.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Merseyside
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Hi

I'm staying in Jacuzzi Water Villa in May for one week on basic all inclusive package. Will let you know what is like.

Regards

Louise

London, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Cheers for that Louise.

Hope you have a great time

I know I cant wait for September!

xxx

manchester
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Can anyone who has returned recently answer this question...I go in May and would be interested to know what sort of food is in the buffet. Thanks

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Can't say re this island, but going on the AI / buffet system over the the last 10 years in the Maldives, far far superior than that in Europe / turkey / Dom rep, and others plenty for all and vast choices, and if not to your likes, just ask and you will recieve any reasonable request.

Rumpole

UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

Hi, I'm just back and can tell you that the buffet is quite extensive catering generally for both Asian and European tastes but there are a couple of things to note.

Breakfast is only served until 10 am - get there after about 9.30 and you will find that some of the hot food has either run out or is rather dried out. That said there is station where you can get things like fried eggs, omelettes or scambled eggs freshly made for you.

Dinner is "themed" each evening so if the theme is not to your taste it does limit the choices somewhat but there is always at least a small choice of alternatives. I had been a bit worried about this as I am not a fan of very spicy food but I always found something without having to resort to asking the chef to cater specifically for my delicate palate!

If I was going to be over critical I would say the food could be inconsistent but I was very happy with it more often than disappointed. We only used one of the speciality restaurants one night (The Reef) and there was no doubt that the food there was in a different league.

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

We're off in May too (BA permitting anyway), so we'll let you know too.....

7. Re: Buffet Q: (staying in both Deluxe Beach Villa & Water villa)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 18, 2010