We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

At the beginning of this year my partner and I decided that we would have a vows ceremony in Kuramathi. We have visited Kuramathi before and we both fell in love with it – it’s an amazing destination – paradise!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short about Thomsons cancelling our dream holiday and vows ceremony …

We booked and paid deposits at the beginning of this year for 4 adults and one infant to travel in April next year.

I completed forms at the beginning of this year for our ceremony date and left it with Thomsons to confirm it to us. I phoned them two weeks ago to see if they had any information as to what date it would be on, they said they would pass my details onto the admin team and call me back … giving them two weeks to sort out the date I phoned again only to be told that I would definitely be getting a call back later that day. When I received my call you can only imagine how surprised I was to hear that they were looking into changing the island we booked to another one. I couldn’t believe that Thomsons could actually be looking into changing someones holiday and vows package like this without informing them. I wonder when they would have contacted me if I hadn’t of phoned! You can only imagine how upset we both were to find this out.

Thomsons informed us that it was due to contracts on the island changing with them.

We weren’t happy at all with the idea of moving islands as we have been to Kuramathi before and we loved it – hence the reason we were going back for our wedding vows and holiday. We have therefore completely cancelled with Thomsons and have re-booked through Kuoni, so thankfully we will still be going to Kuramathi next year!

I’m really just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with Thomsons bookings to Kuramathi next year? Or are we the only ones?

Thanks loads …

leicestershire
Level Contributor
37 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

I can advise you that Kuoni are exclusive to Kuramathi. We have previously gone with Airtours and First Choice. If you still want to go give Kuoni a ring.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

Hi,

I understand that Kuoni are going exclusive as of November this year. The problem we had was that we booked with Thomsons before the contracts changed - which meant you could book with Thomsons/First Choice.

I have now booked through Kuoni, my question really is - has anyone else had problems with Thomsons and their bookings for next year?

Thanks.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

Mel, it's Becs!

Can't believe the trouble you've had, at least it's all sorted now. If you haven't done so already, definitely put it all in writing to them, the fact you had to phone so many times before you were informed is awful.

(Only 5 days to go!!)

4. Re: Thomsons cancelled Kuramathi holiday without telling us!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 01, 2010