We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in the Village, can someone put my mind at rest??!!

Guildford
7 posts
Save Topic
Food in the Village, can someone put my mind at rest??!!

Hello.

Going AI to Kurmathi Village in about 16 days now on our honeymoon!! Just a bit worried about the food, and it being 'safe'. All the 'advise' doctors give you and things I've read lead me to believe to be 'safe' all I can eat is bread and bottled water!!

Apparently you can't eat anything that you haven't peeled yourself (so that's a lot of fruit and veg out!), nothing without unpasteurised milk, so no ice cream, only bottled water (do they put ice in drinks?) no salad that has been washed and make sure everything is really hot. Are things cooked fresh??

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm a bit OCD sometimes about food! :-)

berkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Food in the Village, can someone put my mind at rest??!!

Just got back from our honeymoon in the village, food was amazing. I actually put on nearly half a stone in the week we were there from how much i ate!!

Its the most beautiful place i've ever been to and will definatly be returning to the village again, highly recommended. Hello Liz from room 2 its James from room 1!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Food in the Village, can someone put my mind at rest??!!

I just got back from Kuramathi on Sunday and didnt experience any problems with the food.

The island also has a medical centre with two doc on the island all the time. Dont worry!!! But be warned the monsoon season has started, and we experienced a few prolems on that.

13. Re: Food in the Village, can someone put my mind at rest??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 25, 2009