We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back from kuramathi

gloucester
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
just got back from kuramathi

hi

i just wanted to let you all know who haven't been to the maldives before and this is your first visit to the maldives and you are staying on kuramathi, you are going to paradise!!!

this was my first visit to the maldives and i can promise you all this will not be the last.

This island was out of this world... we stayed in a superior room which is a detached wooden bungalow with an outdoor shower. We stayed in the village which i think is the best.

The staff on the resort were brilliant, we were all inclusive and the cocktails are included and there are many to choose from.

The food too was of very high standard and varied every day.

if you have any questions about kuramathi please ask me and i will do my best to answer them.

cutie

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: just got back from kuramathi

fantastic, we fly out on the 19th April to the blue lagoon and are really looking forward to it.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: just got back from kuramathi

Hi

It is fine to wear strapless and halternecks on the resort islands but for any trips to inhabited islands you need to cover your shoulders and thighs. Men also need to wear a shirt and longer shorts on these trips. The Maldivian woman do not all wear head sharfs so no need to worry about that. I also tend to cover up at the airport just out of respect but have seen woman in bikini tops and hot pants before!(maybe I'm just jealous!)

I would not wear any type of swimwear in the bars, restuarants or reception areas. Outside bar areas are ok. Topless sun bathing is also illegal although thong bikinis seem to be ok(not for me though lol)

Hope this helps

Turquiose23

23. Re: just got back from kuramathi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 18, 2009