We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening wear

staoke on trent
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
evening wear

Hi

I will be going to Kuramathi village on April 27th and have never been to Maldives before so can anyone give me any ideas on evening waer for the restaurants and also best footwear to wear.

thanks

Diane

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: evening wear

Hi,

Totally agree no shoes. But, there is always a but!

I always take with me/wear flip flops in the evening. The problem I have is what am I going to stand on in the dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me the cost of Laundry service on Kuramathi. Every year I take less and less clothes with me, would be good to reduce it down even more!!!

Do you not wish you were there now, what awful weather we are having!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tracey

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: evening wear

........I dont feel 'dressed up' at all unless i have a heel of some sort (doesn't have to be a skyscraper!), cos i just feel i walking around in my carpet slippers, so the 'Wedge' sandals worked for me in the evenings, as we were on Sun Island i was able to walk on paved blocks and not the sand/beach but if i walked back of an evening on sand, then off they came, nothing like sand between ya toes!!!!

Yes apart from walking on surfaces that have heated up, you dont really need any 'shoes', makes a lovely, relaxing change, thats what is so different and magical about the Maldives, smart/casual of an evening is all you need,.................

My daughters had the 'sparkly' flipflops, but of course they were purchased 'new' and you know how uncomfortable 'new' shoes are, so they spent a lot of their time 'barefoot' or in slightly more 'worn in' flip flops that didnt hurt in the day ha ha!!!!!!

Anyway have a wonderful time in April and dont worry anymore about it!!!!!! the DmM...........x

13. Re: evening wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 23, 2009