We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening wear

staoke on trent
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
evening wear

Hi

I will be going to Kuramathi village on April 27th and have never been to Maldives before so can anyone give me any ideas on evening waer for the restaurants and also best footwear to wear.

thanks

Diane

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evening wear

Diane43

Best footware is Nothing / bare feet, if you must flip flops/ light sandles evening ware is smart casual, light skirts / linen shorts trousers , light tops, Males dress shorts and t shirts or cotton shirts.

Hope this helps or need more just ask

Cheers

Rumps

staoke on trent
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evening wear

thank you for this it does help. this is going to be great no luggage hardly at all!!

staoke on trent
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evening wear

Hi

Thanks for the info and i know am being a pain but do people not wear heels even in the evening in the restaurants. This is going to be soooo strange as i don't yet own a pair of flaties am going to have to go shopping.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,680 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evening wear

No they don't and yes you are!!

wid

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: evening wear

.........Hi diane43.........

..............Yes i felt the same as you about footwear when we were preparing to go to Maldives last April, so took flipflops for day time, when the sun made the jetty too hot to work on etc....!!

But in the evening to for a change i wore 'wedge' sandals occasionally, cos i too like my heels of an evening, but it did the trick, and believe it or not there WERE girls wearing HIGH heels, clip clopping down the main restaurant, and yes it looked ridiculous..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.............But Wedges on the other hand, fine!!

.............But its so nice not to have to bother also, ha ha!!

.............. Have fun in the Maldives it magical..!

................Best wishes, the DmM......x........

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: evening wear

I take it you havnt tried to wear heels in sand.

Go for it and dont wear shoes from when you land till you go, its so refreshing and your feet will love it

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: evening wear

For a two week holiday I take no more than 5 dresses for the evening - just simple strappy dresses. I then make use of the resort's laundry. I find going barefoot in the evenings a bit daunting because I'm clumsy and usually manage to drag my feet along the boardwalk and get a splinter or two. I therefore take a couple of pairs of flat sparkly flip flops. Definately no heels - impossible to walk in in the sand.....methinks you're going shopping shortly. Try on line - Boden and the White Company did some nice leather flip flops last year.

Must get shopping myself - perhaps that's my task for tomorrow as no doubt the weather is going to be s**t again.

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: evening wear

Have to say don't feel like I've dressed up if I go bare footed, so agree with the'posh' flat flip flops or sandals.

Sue

staoke on trent
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: evening wear

many thanks to you all i will defo be going shopping tomorrow and buy some sparkley flip flops. Once i've had a few cocktails no doubt i wont care anyway.

cheers

Diane

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: evening wear

Once you get there Diane, you will see what we are saying, & will feel 'right 'in your sparkly flip flops....... enjoy your holiday, I'm sure you will.

Suex