We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
monarch

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you fly from gatwick, do all flights with monarch stop off at manchester!

Thanks Tracey

northwest
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: monarch

hi,

we have just returned from Maldives on 4th March 2008 with Monarch we flew to Manchester and it was flying onto LGW with the remainder of passengers who had approx 45-60 min wait whilst refueling and changover of staff who were boarding as we left.

regards

josephine

uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: monarch

Hi we went to male 25 feb for a week we flew Monach and did land at Manchester we spent 2.5hrs on the tarmac waiting for passengers to load so it was 13hrs on the plane going, and coming home we landed at Manchester and spent 1.5hrs waiting on tarmac whilst we waited for manchester passengers to get off. This also happened to friends we met who was in Maldives for two weeks.

Kim

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: monarch

Hi

Just returned from Kuramathi BL - flew with Monarch. Flights not bad at all tho we upgraded so had extra space and good service from the cabin crew. We did stop at Manchester on the outbound and inbound flight and found it was more of a pain coming back cos you just want to get home. We flew on a Monday and were delayed by an hour on the outbound flight but the inbound was on time.

If you have any questions I will try and help :)

cambridge , UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: monarch

Hi

the sunday flight from gatwick is direct to male. The monday flight stops at Manchester.

hope this helps!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: monarch

Thanks All,

Good to have such a great reponse.

Tracey

Southampton
Level Contributor
145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: monarch

Hi there

Hate to be the bearer of some news regarding the Sunday flight with Monarch.

We fly April 6, tickets have arrived and the itinerary states Stop/s en route are not known at this time. Talking about keeping optins open. We have travelled Monarch twice before to the Maldives but have never stopped in Manchester, so we shall see.

Regards

Southampton
Level Contributor
145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: monarch

My earlier post regarding the Monarch flight from Gatwick does not seem to have appeared for some reason ??

We have received our itinerary, flying 6 April suppossed to be direct Gatwick - Male, but it states Stop/s en route are not known at this time ?????

We will wait and see but find this amusing as it is meant to be a direct flight ?

Regards

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: monarch

Ther you go again MonarggggghLike flying with TWA in the 60s,Why do you people do it.

CHESHIRE
12 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: monarch

Rumps,

I'm flying next Monday from Manchester with Monarch - stops unknown - reason I'm doing this is because I booked late so didn't have much choice (should have been going to Kenya) so will have a drink and put up with whatever!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: monarch

Usually the Sunday flight is direct, the Monday flight definately has the stop at Manchester.

Strangely enough have been looking at March next year and the flight is the opposite way round, starts of at Manchester and then via Gatwick. This of course is the Monday flight.

So next year i guess we will fly from Gatwick rather than Manchester as i def wouldn't want the stop.

Other than this Monarch are fine, our flight this year was far better than we anticipated and it seems strange that more and more people who have flown with them recently are saying the same. I am wondering whether they have now got better leg room than previously.

We did however get the extra leg room which was 34".

They still have the poor entertainment ie drop down tv's but other than that no complaints whatsoever.

In fact i would go as far as to say that it was probably the best service ever received, very fast service and the staff were truly lovely.

I am also wondering whether it is different according to what aircraft they use. On our tickets it had outbound B747, inbound A330, but in actual fact we were on an A330 both ways. Perhaps the B747 does not have such good seating??

Glenys