We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms in the Maldives

Norwich
Level Contributor
189 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thunderstorms in the Maldives

I'm flying on Sunday and the weather predicts T-storms (60% precip) Am I right to think that the T-storms are likely to come in short bursts and not be miserable all day. Has anyone just come back can tell me how it is at the moment?

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms in the Maldives

Can't say how it is at the moment, but I can tell you that it predicted thunderstorms and 90% precip for the 2 weeks we were there in july and we didn't see one thunderstorm or one rain shower.

So take the info lightly, the weather varies greatly between atolls, and even islands. You will have an amazing time whatever the weather and it will still be really warm.

Have a great time

Sarah

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms in the Maldives

We went last Dec and weather rubbish to be honest. Never cold but always wet. Lost about 6 days. We woek up and it was raining and it was pretty miserable for the whole day when it started like that. Apparently it was freakish for that time of year. It was even raining when we arrived - you can imagine my delight! Luckily an umbrella was provided!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms in the Maldives

many storms are at night.its impossible to predict.Weather varies from island to island so dont worry just go and enjoy.

cfc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms in the Maldives

In our experience storms are usually at night although we did have a few days of intermittent rain the first week last December. We were up in the Baa atoll though and it wasn't as grey and wet as it was in the Male atoll. It was exceptional though, and normally I'd say expect some rain every day, but mainly at night.

5. Re: Thunderstorms in the Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 14, 2009