We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

Lake District
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

Hi

Just booked a 14 night stay AI in coconut village in a standard room. Im a bit confused really after reading everyones reports no one seems to mention coconut village. Is it part of kuramathi village? Also are these standard rooms going to be nice? I got the holiday for april 2008 for £2630 is this good?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

Believe Coconut Village is the nickname of the superior individual wooden bungalows in Kuramathi Village - so the reviews for Kuramathi Village are the ones for you to look at. Can't really enlighten you re price. We stayed at Kuramathi Cottage & Spa and paid about that amount for the 2 of us for a week this March (peak season), but we were in a water bungalow which hikes the price up, and the Cottage is 4* rather than the Village which is 3* and we included sea plane transfers in our package. Reckon your price sounds about right for 14 nights AI at the Village but I'm sure others will confirm! The whole island is wonderful so you needn't worry about it being nice: Kuramathi = Heaven!

Lake District
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

ok, I think I get it. So coconut village is really just the higher (ish) end of kuramathi village. ooh well still excited!!! Does anyone know where I can see some people's photos of their room (standard plz) god its soooo long to go still...

oxford
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

have a look on the kuoni site it shows the superior rooms which are the coconut village rooms

U.K.
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

Hi we booked two weeks ago to go to Kuramathi Village (Coconut Village) at the end of May, we paid just over £900 each for 2 weeks AI with First Choice. We stayed at the village last May in the deluxe beach bungalows (thatched wooden bungalows) and we loved it. We had absolutely no complaints about the food in the main restaurant - it was lovely and there was always plenty of choice and loads to eat, quite often we had a big breakfast and then didn't bother with lunch, especially if we were busy snorkelling! We would head back to the cafe for afternoon tea and a sandwich around 4 p.m. It's a wonderful place, if you can afford to go on the seaplane you should try and do that, its amazing! We are taking the boat transfer this time but if we don't like it we may try to book the sea plane for the return journey.

Norwich
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

to butterfly girl you wont be disappointed I went last year and Im looking to book again to go in october you will love it.the food is great the waiters great, A tip though take some travil sickness tab for the speed boat to the island that not good very bumpy I got a seaplane on the way back n dont forget your suncream for the boat most have no cover and it always takes longer to get there than thet say

have fun love carla

6. Re: kuramathi coconut village/kuramathi village- whats the diff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 01, 2009