We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

12 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Well guys,

My first time posting in here but i am sure it wont be the last!

My Fiance and I have booked our honeymoon - We fly out to Duabi on the 26th June 2018 - Arriving in Dubai at 07:25 and staying at the Conrad for 4 nights we then depart from Dubai to arrive In Male at 07:40 where will spend 8 nights in a Beach Villa with the A La Carte All Inclusive.

We were told that we will get a free room upgrade as it is our Honeymoon which will take us to the Beach Villa with Jacuzzi - can anyone confirm this for us?

We will depart Male at 2300 on the 10th - we wanted to spend as much time in paradise as we could but it does mean we have to wait in Male for 4 hours. - Yawn.

Does anyone have any recommendations that you can share with us?

The furthest i have travelled is Turkey!

Cheers guys

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
10 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

My only recommendation would be to start saving now for your second visit....it's truly addictive! Enjoy 😁

Babs.

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
679 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

We went for a once in a lifetime trip three years ago and we are now planning to go for the third time. You have made a fantastic choice but be prepared to gain a lot of weight as the food is fantastic. Glad to see you have booked the select all inclusive as you will never regret doing this. Not sure about the room upgrade but we have stayed in the Beach Villas and they are fine as you don't tend to spend much time in them anyway. Be sure to visit the Ice Cream parlour and go through the menu its fantastic. Sure you will have a great time with many memories.

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Hi Martin, if you check out the list of FAQs on the right hand side of the page when you are in the general Maldives forum, you will see on the list what to pack. This leads you to threads with lots of ideas.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Firstly congratulations and you will have a great time I’m sure. We received an upgrade from a Beach Villa to a Beach Villa with Jacuzzi but didn’t actually use it.

We weren’t on our honeymoon but it was our first time to the resort.

Walking to the end of the ½ mile sandbar sitting down to watch the sunset is certainly something that I would thoroughly recommend. With a gentle warm sea breeze, the peace and tranquillity is an experience we will never forget. Looking forward to repeating this next year when we go.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Congratulations - One of the bigger positives is you've got under a year to wait. I booked our Honeymoon for March next year in March thsi year after researching it for 2 months before and i've looked at this site every day since! The countdown is a killer!

I've a feeling i know as much as there is to know without having actually been to the Island!

With regards to the 2300 return flight, i guess much will depend on the method of transfer you've booked and the latest possible boat or sea plane departure from the Island.

If you have any questions - no matter how stupid just fire away as i've probably wondered the same myself and asked on here or researched it!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Just wondering....which resort did you decide on in the end? We are in exactly the same boat as you, Honeymoon will be March 2019 so have a while to research before we can book!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,459 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Kuramathi lucky you. ( answer and complement in one sentence lol)

If you have only been to Turkey you are in for a real treat.

Congrats and as said start saving for your next island 😎

Mentioned in this post
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
4,322 Reviews
Kuramathi
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
497 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

Hoya, we have booked our honeymoon too, fly on 20th June night flight, to Dubai for 4 nights on jumeriah beach le meridian Mina seyahi half board. and then seaplane on to kuramathi, 10 nights select all inclusive water villa. Back on 5th July. See you out there :)

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

WELLLL!!! we are onto the big countdown now! it really wont be long until we are flying out t paradise.

UK
Level Contributor
238 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!

like Tel above we went on a once on a life time trip 3 years ago and are returning for the 3rd time in 81 days (whos counting!!) we have stayed in the deluxe beach villa with jacuzzi, last year we were in a beach villa amd this year we booked a beach villa and are also being upgraded to a beach villa with jacuzzi this time. we will be celebrating our silver wedding and my hubbys 50th. we love being on everyone elses honeymoon!! lol dont miss the sand bank at sunrise and sunset, the food is amazing as is the spa. we intend to mix it up this year as there are so many areas to soak up the sun and swim we will move around a bit more during the day - we tended to stick to the beach by the jetty as it has easy access for snorkelling and the island coffee shop for lunch - the possibilities are endless. prepare to become addicted tho!!

Reply to: Honeymoon booked!!!!!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted