We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tabola, Sidemen

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tabola, Sidemen

We will spend some time in Bali in june.

I got the advice to go to Tabola, since it seems really nice out there.

I dont find anything on Tabola, but everything on Sidemen.

Are they close to one another? Or is Tabola like a region/ street?? in Sidemen?

Who can give me a hand on that?

Is there a lot of bugettravel accomodation in the area in which you could arrive without prior booking?

Since its my birthday we might spend some more money - which to you want be a lot maybe - but for us it is, since normally we spend no more then 12 USD to 15 USD a night for 2 persons.

Anyhow, i have been looking at Sawah Inda Villa (which is my favorite :-) ) or Uma Agung Villa. Recommendations??

The Giri Carik seems to be a bit more budget option i guess...but i am not sure since i dont find any website.

Does someone know theh Giri Carik website or they dont have any??

Thanks, Ellen

Sidemen Tour and Trekking
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Walking Tours, Factory Tours, Cultural Tours
Bali Countryside
Lessons & Workshops, Private Tours, Eco Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
76 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tabola, Sidemen

Tabola village is the tourist area of Sidemen and where nearly all of the hotels and warungs are situated. Sidemen is more the area of the valley rather than the village. In Sidemen village itself ,its a traditional village catering more to the local people, but you will find the larger weaving shops like Pelangi, Arta Nadi and Swastika along the main road. In Tabola the weavers are individual ladies that you will see walking along the road and will sell to the public direct. There is the Sidemen market which is temporarily located in Tabola due to renovations. Its is a traditional market that sells food and items for the locals. Good to go along and see but you must be there by 7am latest.

Budget wise for your hotel, $12/15 for 2 persons will not happen I am afraid. You would be very lucky to get something at that per person. June is busy (well busy for Sidemen)! Giri Carik is really nice for the money and you can find them on Facebook.

The Sidemen Valley is fabulous so if you can up your budget, you will not be disappointed.

Hope this helps!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tabola, Sidemen

this name is very familiar for me

my childhood was in Bukit Buluh, Wangsean very close from Tabola

what make Tabola special?

yup, a huge of rice field, rural countryside, nice people, the clean water of Tukad Unda the longest river in the island

wort to stay some nights here, it will never forgotten

Edited: 11:49 am, October 30, 2014
3. Re: Tabola, Sidemen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 04, 2016
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question