We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pemuteran vs Lombok

Which Pemuteran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pemuteran vs Lombok

Going to Bali in July- have a 3 day window in between plans and trying to decide between Pemuteran and Lombok? Any thoughts as to what to do and see for 3 days in Pemuteran vs the same 3 days in Lombok?

Thought are very much appreciated!!!

cocomoco
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pemuteran vs Lombok

Do you mean Lombok, as in Gili islands considering at these islands and at Pemuteran you can go diving and snorkeling?

If so, it depends on what your priorities are:

In Pemuteran you can do amazing dives at Menjangan islands.I just went snorkeling there and thought it was the best in Bali sofar. Pemuteran is located in the north of Bali so quite far out from the crowd and there isn't much action as in restaurants and shops etc, which is good if you want to relax at a quiet spot but not good if you want to have nice lunches and dinners. There are amazing resorts in Pemuteran with nice access to the beach so ideal for a wonderful diving trip.

As for Lombok (read Gili islands) if you are coming from Bali you need to arrange a speed boat taking you there. For us it took almost the whole day and was quite surprised about how expensive it was. Anyway, the Gilis three tropical islands. Gili Trawangan is a busy island with dozens of nice accommodations for all budgets, great restaurants and nice places to wade into the water. A lot of dive operators here. As for Gili Mano and Air , things are a bit more quiet but still very focused on diving.

I just snorkeld here and thought it was a bit dissapointing, did see turtles though and one snorkeling area was good. I bet you will see more amazing stuff when you go diving.

Hope I've been of some help!

Bali
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pemuteran vs Lombok

Pemuteran has very little actions as cocomoco pointed out. Diving in Menjangan is nice, but not the best in Bali in my opinion if this is what you are after.

Going to Gili can take a long time. I wouldn't go for less than 4 days since 2 half days will be consumed in commuting.

Have you given a thought to visiting the more remote areas of Bali. Sidemen, Munduk, Bedugul or even Padang Bai can be great to escape tourism and explore more genuine places.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pemuteran vs Lombok

Novotel at Kuta, South of Lombok is lovely the resort has several daily activities etc...but not much else around so you are kind of isolated (which can be awesome!)

Lembongan Island which you can depart Sanur with Rocky Fast Ferries is also a great option...it's where the pontoons are...and much easier to get over there, a 30 minute boat ride instead of having to go through domestic airport (yuk) and wait for delayed planes to Lombok.

4. Re: Pemuteran vs Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014