We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Hi all.

After some current prices please for snorkeling trips from Pemuteran.

Is it easier to get a package from one of the dive centres? Or organize through our villa (Villa Semadhi)? Or direct from the harbor? Is it priced per person or per boat? Includes good quality equipment or should we consider bringing our own?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Pemuteran
Pemuteran
Gerokgak, Indonesia
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

Are you thinking of going to Menjungan to snorkel? You should be able to snorkel off the beach in front of your villa. The best off beach snorkeling is in front of Taman Sari. You can hire boats there as well to take you to other places.

Hire of boat should be per boat not person. We take our own snorkeling gear.

Mentioned in this post
Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa
Taman Sari Bali Resort...
993 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

We are planning on snorkeling off the beach and also to Menjungan Island.

Any ideas on pricing?

Thanks.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

If you want to go to Menjungan, then the boat hire is different. Each boat holds about 10 people and the price includes... boat hire, guide, snorkel hire & entrance to National Park fee. It is usually for 3 hours. There is a little bit of bargining room but not much. An example is...

1 person for the above...Rp 465,000, 2 people Rp 525,000, then Rp 60,000 for each additional person.

I would check at your villa to see how much they charge for a tour to Menjungan. Sometimes it can work out much cheaper to go that way. Plus you will have your transport to and from Labuhan Lalang included as well.

The coral reef restoration project off the beach in front of Taman Sari is very much worth while seeing. You can snorkel over it or take a glass bottom boat to see the whole area as well as further out to see what is left of the natural coral.

Mentioned in this post
Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa
Taman Sari Bali Resort...
993 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

Thank you very much for the information.

Very helpful!

Moscow
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

We've just arrived from Pemuteran a week ago. We had a snorkeling trip to Menjangan. We've asked in every dive agency in the village. And the lowest price we could get was 250.000 IDR for 1 person. It includes boat hire, guide, gear & entrance fee to NP. But we chose to snorkel with Sea Rovers (inside Adi Assri hotel) and were very excited. Their price is a little bit higher (450.000 IDR for one person). But they have very high safety standards.

Usual schedule is:

9.00 am Start

30 minutes: car drive to harbour

30 minutes: boat ride

4 hours: snorkeling, lunch time, walking on island (it's up to you how long will take every part)

1 hour: road back

3.00 pm Finish

This is a standard schedule in almost all dive centers.

But Sea Rovers skips the part with car driving, they start straight from their beach and the one-way trip on boat takes just 0.5 hour. So you have more time for snorkeling.

So good luck with it cause snorkeling in Menjangan is really outstanding)

Mentioned in this post
Pemuteran
Pemuteran
Gerokgak, Indonesia
The Menjangan
The Menjangan
758 Reviews
West Bali National Park, Indonesia
Sea Rovers
Sea Rovers
186 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Adi Assri Beach Resort & Spa Pemuteran
Adi Assri Beach Resort...
812 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Last week I booked snorkeling for my family (5) through DiveKokak.

I personally like to support local businesses (and usually pay a little more because of my choices) but their first price for me was 25k Rp each and I am happy to pay that. It includes all of the above.

Our snorkeling isn't until Oct, but they rate quite highly on TA and they've been very prompt to deal with.

Have a great time snorkeling!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling

I've been out with the cheaper operators and they use old wooden boats that take an hour to reach the island and roll around making everyone feel unwell. I'd recommend you pay 45000IRP at Sea Rovers. They have very fast, modern boats that get you there in 20 minutes and are more stable leaving you feeling well and with more time to snorkle - oh and that includes lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Rovers
Sea Rovers
186 Reviews
Pemuteran, Indonesia
8. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 04, 2013