We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

Which Pemuteran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

We will do a short holiday (6 days) end of July and just visit Pumeteran straight from the airport. Taman Sari has offfered transport day excursion IDR 750,000. We visited Bedugal before so this time we would like to go through Pupuan. We will be arriving DPS at 8.30am so will be ready by 9.30. We would like to stop a couple of places, have lunch somewhere and want to arrive at Pumeteran between 3 - 5pm. Could someone recommend me places to visit along the way?

On the way back, we are thinking to drive along the south coast. Has anyone done this way? Please tell me how it is like and is it worth? Where to stop for sightseeing?

Thank you

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

Stop at Sanda Butik Villas at Batukaru for morning tea. There is the Budhist Monastery and Banjar Hot Springs past Pupuan.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

If you mean to return through Melaya and Negara to Denpasar, I would not do it. It is a time-consuming route, partly winding with heavy truck traffic (from Java to Denpasar) with not much to see on the way. You would be back in Denpasar late at night.

Then I wonder why you would drive to Pemuteran and not stay there? Reasons for going to Pemuteran are snorkeling and diving, perhaps some relaxing at a resort beach.

For things to do in Buleleng (Bali's northern province incuding Pemuteran), browse my Bali page on the Virtual Tourist website:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/66f/

My suggestion for the return trip:

From Seririt south to Mayong then east to Bedugul. This is a very scenic route, and should be done during day time. Frankly I think that driving to Pemuteran and back to Denpasar is too much for one day.

Theo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

I am sorry my writing was not clear. We are going to stay 5 nights in Pumeteran at Taman Sari. Their car rate is not simple transfer but includes excursion stopping places for sightseeing. So from airport to Pumeteran first day and then from Pumeteran to the airport on our last day.

It seems the coast way back sounds not attractive. I will look into more options.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

Hi,

I agree that the coastal road via Gilimanuk is not very interesting.

But should you decide to take this road, Puri Dajuma Cottages at Pekutatan has a lovely restaurant on a empty beach, lovely for a break during the drive.

Would also suggest one way via Pupuan (and have lunch at Sanda restaurant) and visit Banjar Hotsprings. And the other way via Bedugul. Maybe you have visited already Bedugul, but it is also nice to visit the Munduk waterfall, twin lakes, Candi Kuning market, Bali Tree Top Park in the Botanical gardens, Ulun Danu Bratan temple.

Along the road near the twin lakes is the Ngiring Ngewedang restaurant with panorama view.

If you are interested in a guide for Menjangan island, and he can also lead you through Barat National park, just send me a PM. Through the hotel the Menjangan excursion will be much more expensive.

Have a lovely holiday!

Sylvia

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

I was going to suggest what Sylvia suggested.

Yes Banjar hot springs and also the Budhist monestry one way.

Bedugal the other.

Keep in mind if you do all that is suggested (waterfalls etc) that the Treetops full circut alone takes 2 1/2 hours.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

Hi all, many things to choose...

You can also do the Munduk Waterfall on the first day from the airport. If you take the Pupuan road, nice to have a drink/lunch at Sanda Butik villas, afterwards turn right at Mayong and ask for directions there (as we did the trekking from Munduk Moding Plantation, I cannot advise you exactly where to start).

Then you can maybe do the Banjar Hotsprings and the Budhist Monastry on a trip from Pemuteran (about 1 hour drive from there) and the things you haven't done yet in the twin lake/Bedugul/Candi Kuning area on the way back.

Just suggestions....

Sylvia

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

Thank you all for the useful information and thank you Sylvia for helping us again. You helped me last year about Amed, Sari Organic (Ubud) and Sanur. We had a good time. Loved Amed and Ujung Water Palce. Did bike tour too!

I will plan one way via Pupuan and come back via Bedugul. So many places there not been. I will check the places you have suggested. I have just seen Tree Top Walk. Wow, not for us but our grown up boys will love that. One day if we travel together to Bali.

Now I am excited. This will be our snorkelling holiday but maybe we can spend one day to do hiking in the National Park. Have checked online and it looks very interesting.

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

We just spent a week in Pemuteran and loved it. I'd throw in a short (maybe an hour) visit to Pura Pulaki...maybe 5 minutes from Pemuteran. Lots of monkeys and the ocean side of the monument (the road goes between parts of the temple) has incredible views up toward Pemuteran and on to Java.

Late afternoon drive out to Mimpi if it looks like a good sunset. The view of the mountains in Java is grand. Maybe a 15 minute drive from "downtown" Pemuteran.

If you have an unquenchable shopping thirst, a trip to Atlas Pearl Farm and Shop. Not much to the ""farm" but they have some beautiful pearls and, I thought, at better....fixed price.....prices than their shops in the south.

Enjoy....we did,....a lot

joe

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

We just spent a week in Pemuteran and loved it. I'd throw in a short (maybe an hour) visit to Pura Pulaki...maybe 5 minutes from Pemuteran. Lots of monkeys and the ocean side of the monument (the road goes between parts of the temple) has incredible views up toward Pemuteran and on to Java.

Late afternoon drive out to Mimpi if it looks like a good sunset. The view of the mountains in Java is grand. Maybe a 15 minute drive from "downtown" Pemuteran.

If you have an unquenchable shopping thirst, a trip to Atlas Pearl Farm and Shop. Not much to the ""farm" but they have some beautiful pearls and, I thought, at better....fixed price.....prices than their shops in the south.

Oh yeah, the drive from Seritit, through Munduk and Bedegul, is lovely. You might want to leave a light jacket out for the drive because it is very high altitude and could get misty/rainy. The views from the road of all three lakes and unbelievable, though the traffic does get a little heavy as you get closer to the south. We finished that trip off with a stop at the Mengwi temple....another beauty.

Enjoy....we did,....a lot

joe

10. Re: Day excursion from Airport to Pumeteran through Pupuan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 19, 2013