We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Airport to Pemuteran

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
297 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Airport to Pemuteran

Approx how long would it take to drive from the Airport to Pemuteran and what would be the best form of transportation. What would the cost be?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Airport to Pemuteran

Hi Rosita

We hired a driver from Pemuteran to the airport in May, it took us 3.5 hrs and we paid Rp 480,000. It could take longer depending on traffic. (Our driver thought he was a formula one driver!!!)

Edited: 6:49 am, July 08, 2011
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,697 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Airport to Pemuteran

There is quite a lot of nice scenery and interesting temples to visit on the way up and over the mountains to Pemuteran. If you arrive in the morning it's well worth it to spend the entire day slowly touring on your way up. When I go there from Ubud I usually start aroung 9 am, visit temples, visit the National Botanical Gardens eat lunch, do some walking, and arrive at Pemuteran about 5 pm. But thats with a deliberately slow trip. If you will need to take your drive with you and use him the next day and day after, for exmple, he will be able to get free accomodation there but you do have to pay his meals and daily rate. Or, if he drops you off late at night he has to go back home empty.

But just to go straight from airport to Pemuteran I would think would be about 5 hours give or take, with only stop for lunch or other short stops, and trafffic.

Or, you could find a shuttle service to Lovina, and then get some transport for the 45 minutes or so from Lovina to Pemuteran.

If you have the budget I would recommend getting a driver to stay there with you for a night or so, if you want to tour the area. Drivers up there have very little competition so generally can charge a lot more than drivers down south. But tell the driver when you are negotiating so everyone knows what is expected, what is included and what is not. Most hotels provide free accomodation for drivers who have to overnight.

have fun!

3. Re: Distance from Airport to Pemuteran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, October 05, 2012