We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adopting a turtle, any comments?

A to the K, N to...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Adopting a turtle, any comments?

I've read that there is a turtle hatchery (actually I would imagine the just lay their eggs on the local beach anyway) in or near Pemuteran, where you can 'buy' a turtle and set it free.

Has anyone done this?

And does the revenue go to furthering turtle conservation efforts in the area??

Funtastic Dive
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Swim with Dolphins
Pemuteran, Bali
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Adopting a turtle, any comments?

Hi ktpi72,

It's Chris from the Turtle Hatchery here in pemuteran and I am happy to say that ALL proceeds from the Turtle Hatchery go back into protecting the Turtles, educating the local people how and why they need to protect the turtles and the rest of the environment, as well as other environmental projects here, mainly to protect the sea and marine life.

For more info, you can look at our website <www.reefseenbali.com> where you can see more of what we are doing here.

Chris.

2. Re: Adopting a turtle, any comments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, October 13, 2009
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,204 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adopting a turtle, any comments?

Great idea. I have adopted an orangutan and and a china/moon bear - everything we can give to this groups, is money well spent.

I think I will be adopting a turtle or two now that I have heard this. Great.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adopting a turtle, any comments?

You can also do this on Kuta beach. There is a fantastic organisation that does this and it is such a lovely experience. If you go to the end of the art market and turn right they are just a little way up the beach. I look my daughter last year and we released baby turtles on the beach and she just loved it. They survive on donations and do an awesome job.

5. Re: Adopting a turtle, any comments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 13, 2010