We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Morning all (or selamat pagi)

I have used the search box to trawl through previous posts but no luck. Just looking for some current info on the above question. Does anyone know of a decent quality hotel on the beach around Legian or Seminyak that would have lower floor adjoining rooms for around $100 each per night. (late July-early August)

We have stayed at the Melasti, Jayakarta and Kumala pantai in the past and wondered if there is anywhere else suitable for a 4 year old and a 6 monther :-) (grandkids:-)

We have not been to Bali for about 5 years so we are hoping that someone can impart a litlle gem in our direction.

Thankyou in advance,

Mark

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

There is not enough room for children under 6 at the KP in my opinion. At least the Jayakarta has great grass areas in front of lower rooms and for the price I still think it is great value for families with varying ages.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Puri raja on the beach in legian have adjoining rooms but they don't advertise this fact. We are here at the moment with one. You need to contact the hotel directly. We pay about $95 a night

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Hi,

Were you after 'adjoining' rooms or 'interconnecting'?

In hotel terminology, they are two different things. Adjoining - simply means any two rooms side by side, so technically every 'other' room is adjoining unless they are like individual bungalows or standalone apartments. Interconnecting - means two rooms with a connecting internal doorway in between them. Those as specified above aren't as common, that's why they don't advertise - or they create a situation where it disappoints someone all the time.

I'm only pointing this out, because if you were communicating with hotels by email, what they say yes to, and what you get allocated would be two different things.

And to further confuse the matter, rooms opposite are called 'Adjacent'

Edited: 12:27 am, April 18, 2014
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Aahh KVE1005

That makes sense ;-)

Yes, I meant interconnecting :-) Thanks for that.

loveholidays59

Does the Puri raja have interconnecting rooms???

Thanks all for your help.

Mark

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Absolute pleasure.

It's kinda confusing for the general public (well I think so), but the reason why they use those specific terms wasn't to be over technical, but was originally implemented to actually minimize miscommunication internally. Aside from multiple area staff (housekeeping, porters/bell), the ones that have most to do with the rooms are the reservation and front desk staff. And it's a little like being in a submarine without a periscope. So they decided on 'common' language.

Bit of useless trivia :)

Edited: 1:02 am, April 18, 2014
Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

Yes puri raja have a few interconnecting with a door. But you have to contact direct

Love holidays (on sons iPad)

7. Re: Adjoining rooms for 4 adults, 2 children???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Legian