We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy hanging chairs?

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to buy hanging chairs?

Been reading the forum for months. Realy interesting discussions and advice. I have learnt more here than during my last 7 trips to Bali. Travelling to Kuta in May and I would like to buy some of those hanging hammock like chairs that you attach to a beam or ceiling. Also fabic windsocks. First visited Bali in 2007 for a wedding and been back every year. I fund my trips by importing on a small scale and reselling at weekend markets, so ideally looking for a wholesaler or manufacturer in Bali. Any information given is greatly appreciated. Thanks people.

Lindsay.

UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Windy Sun Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Parto Bali Driver
River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

Hi, did you get any info on your hanging chairs? I always found them in Legian street, and you can will and deal and get wholesale prices? If you come across the crochet / macarame ones please let me know as wanting to purchase one on our next trip next month!! thank you 3 girls

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

Thanks for the reply, wont be returning to paradise until July and can hardly wait. In my travels I have found shops move around all the time, and shops I knew have moved on. Still haven't bought any chairs, but when I find a reputable seller, will pass on the details..

On my last trip a found a bean bag seller in the small arcade at top of Padma st, and ended up with a great Geelong Cats bean bag. But still want good hanging chairs.

Many thanks again.

Lindsay

Cunter, Switzerland
Level Contributor
217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

There is a chair man in padma utara. My wife got 3 bean bag chairs like at the beach bars for $40. Cheap.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

I have see the hanging chairs all over the place in stalls where I'd have to bargain for them. I have no idea what they're worth. Can any one suggest a fair price? Just want the one for home on the patio.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

Would also love to get some for our back deck (uh oh, hubby said no shopping yet my list keeps growing) if anyone has an idea on price please

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

lindsay I suggest if you want to buy in commercial quantities when you come over in July that you have a day trip to Ubud and "Do" the Tegallalang road - all 7kms of it! Prices are cheap for one piece, but if you are buying in quantity prices tumble. Also, it is a lot of fun - you will need to bring your gentle bargaining skills with you!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

Hi jan j, could you tell me what "cheap" is ? Just want one they look so nice. And would they hold a man of about 95 kilos?

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

Oh sorry Kapay, I wasn't talking about hanging chairs - in fact I can't remember even seeing them on that road. I was replying to Lindsay saying (s)he buys small scale and resells at weekend markets to fund a Bali addiction!

There are masses of homewares on the Tegallalang road that would be suitable to import and resell.

9. Re: Where to buy hanging chairs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 16, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations