We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Accommodation Legian

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront Accommodation Legian

My husband & I are going back to Bali for our 10th wedding anniversary. We would like to stay along the beachfront in Legian between Legian Beach Hotel and Jayakarta.

Can anyone provide recent information on a few of the places in this range - just 2 of us adults travelling. Wanting somewhere with comfortable room, pool and restaurant - good but not over the top pricing as we are not spending a lot of time there....

I will add - I know the names of all the accommodation in the location span (we are regular visitors to Legian) and am specifically seeking personal experience and feedback from the hotels.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thankyou

Sydney
Level Contributor
280 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

What's your budget? 'Not over the top' doesn't really give any indication of how much you are willing to pay.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

I've stayed at Jayakarts and it was filthy, terrible rooms. Stayed there 30years ago when it first open and then a couple of years ago it was shocking.

Stayed at Kumala Pantai next door. Rooms are clean

Basic great pools.

Breakfast is across the road from the beach so great views,

Melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

I'm about to book for our 31 wedding anniversary and it's down to Niksoma or Mandira , can't decide. Managed to get similar rates with breakfast by dealing direct and asking for discount. Around $180 US including taxes.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

Before I found the space and freedom of a villa we often stated at the mandira! Loved it as a smaller hotel with beautiful Balinese feel to it!

We stayed in the superior cottages which were in the 2 nd floor of the bungalows but didn't have access to the club benefits (cocktails and canapés) but that's because I like to go out to different places at sunset!

We liked it as there weren't many kids so was very relaxing by the pool ( overlooking the ocean) but now the pool looks like they are trying to entice families so I don't know if this will affect your decision! There is an Adults only infinity pool upstairs though!

Hope this helps!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

Thanks that's great advice, just balking at the price...bali used to be so cheap!

I like legian but thought should do something special.

I have he Niksoma down to $170 US breakfast and taxes. Had lunch at Restaurant there looks nice.

Mandira never been in just walked past..

Thanks again

Lennox Head
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

I haven't stayed at the Mandira (although wanted to this trip just too expensive with all the family) .. However, stayed at the Niksoma last year and thought it was wonderful. Staff were exceptional, the pools are great and have cabanas for a bit of extra comfort by the pool. We ate breaky looking over at the beach; and breakfast options were great. Two for one cocktails everyday were an extra bonus. You won't be disappointed if you do chose to stay here. Price is a lot more than I usually pay, but was a worthy splurge.

Otherwise I find Kumala Pantai fantastic for value for money and location. Prices have gone up recently but still a lot less than many of the others beach front in legian.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

Thank you so much. I too stay at Kumala Pantai good bang for your buck $100 now last time it was$85 a night.

Think I will just bite the bullet and go with niksoma.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

Did yip stay in superior or deluxe? Is there a big difference

9. Re: Beachfront Accommodation Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Legian