We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins

boyanup
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Dolphins

Can some one give me information on where you can swim with dolphins in Bali, Than you.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphins

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294226…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphins

Does anyone know how ethical these swim with the dolphin experiences are? We thought about doing it but looking at the website were concerned about the captivity and treatment of them?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphins

They appear to be treated very well and they tell you that they are let out to swim in the "wild" and always return. Its your choice, were you looking to swim with dolphins that were not captive?

boyanup
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphins

Thank you veg- tony

boyanup
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphins

Thank you also NielsGirl

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphins

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294226…

Caged Dolphins? Thats sad, I was hoping that link would have been to a boat trip for a meeting in their habitat.

"and they tell you that they are let out to swim in the "wild" and always return." And you really believe this?

Edited: 2:01 am, February 05, 2014
Perth
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphins

Look at their booking sheet and I think you will find there is no "day off " for these dolphins!

I would love to do it but cannot bring myself to see them individually penned!

I just hope at night they are allowed to socialize together but even this I'm not sure about.

My view is your holiday, your choice! But I can't bring myself to do it just in case I see things I don't want to!

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphins

There has been some discussion about this in the past.

I went to Bali Dolphins and thought that the dolphins were well treated all things considered. They also told us they were let out of their pens every night and came back themselves - still not sure whether I believe that but they did seem to respect the animals.

If you don't like seeing caged animals then you should probably give this and the Bali Zoo and even the Safari Park a miss.

You can try to see wild dolphins off Lovina IIRC.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphins

Dolphin Lodge is the company that does the dolphin tours.... enquiry.dolphinlodge@gmail.com

Like any captive animal exhibit like a zoo or aquarium, sometimes a few caged or captive creatures are a great way to educate a large number of people, and in turn these people will have a greater love and respect for the animals than if these places didn't exist. IMHO.

Oulu
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphins

"Like any captive animal exhibit like a zoo or aquarium, sometimes a few caged or captive creatures are a great way to educate a large number of people"

I do agree with this, but when I read all the reviews about any animal attraction in Bali (ok, maybe not the bird park) I am convinced they don't treat animals well enough. There are even pictures of beaten animals (elephant park). Sadly, I went to the zoo and it was terrible - and still some people say it was great :( Honestly, I have seen worse only in China.

Get answers to your questions about Legian