We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jayakata

Pakenham, Victoria...
1 post
Save Topic
Jayakata

Goods and bands please

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jayakata

Say what?

Sydney
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jayakata

Great location. Grounds are well looked after.

The 1 bedroom apartment we got was horrible, but I saw another on the same floor that was extensively renovated and it was lovely.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jayakata

Great: pool, breakfast, friendly staff, great location, gardens

Good: rooms are basic but clean

Bad: towels are on the thin grey side

Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jayakata

Old, classic hotel. There are two type rooms available.. Apartment with single bedroom and regular room. The room was clean and cleaning everyday, but the bed itself not so comfort. Didnt have private beach, so you must walk about 15-20 minutes to Legian Beach, which is unfortunately not the best part of the beach. Breakfast is good. With little local menu n western, not many options, but its worthy depend on its price. Spend many times here and never dissapointed. One time the AC didnt work, but they fast moving us to other room. The staff polite and helpful, also security 24 hrs. Location was great, in the heart of legian, near souvenir shops, clothes, cafe, restaurant, Warung (mean 'place to eat'), and minimarket. I think it is the most convenient also affordable place for family in Legian. If you have extra budget, i would recommend discovery Kartika Plaza in Kuta, they have pavillion in the lips of the beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jayakata

Did he mean good and bad ?? I didn't get it at all ha ha.

The good is the location, it's beachfront, not 15 minutes away .the grounds, the pools, the staff, the price.

In the hotel, not the apartments ,i have always had good fully fluffy white towels. The deluxe rooms in the 300 wing have new mattresses and are clean, light and excellent value. I think Block 500 and 200 are superior , (smaller) rooms and may need a little refurbishing.

Edited: 6:01 am, September 06, 2013
Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Jayakata

The grounds were well looked after, in the pool area all the paving was either ,uneven or broken i myself went for a swim when getting out of the pool i had put my foot on the outside of the pool straight away i slipped on the shinney paving surface and hit my knee on the corner of the pool edge needing 2 stiches next nite i was getting out of the bath tub after having a shower when i put my foot outside the bath tub i slipped and twisted my ankle then having to go to the hospital to get my leg bandaged up and was incapacitated for 4 days ,now the resturant the breakfast was excellent every morning but any thing that you ordered off the menu i would not feed my dog , it was horrible ,i ordered room service one of the nites because i coulden't go out because of my leg to get a meal because i could not walk on it so i ordered a pizza it was a little larger than a dvd & on top of all that it was burned but i ate it because i was hungry.

my wife and i will never stay at the jayakarta hotel ever again because it was a very bad experiance and for that we will not recommend the hotel to any of our freinds or family.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jayakata

Love it. Loved our private apartment. Was cleaned everyday. Beds were comfy. Fitted 6 of us in nicely with fully equipped kitchen. Ground floor.

Second time 2 deluxe rooms near smaller pool and loved that too. Both places had good white linen. Was nicer being closer to the pool but didn't mind being the 5 minute walk either.

Beach is a hop skip and a jump, or maybe 2 jumps. NO where near 15 minutes as previously pointed out.

I really like the place and not really any 'bands'. !!!!

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jayakata

Wow 313 George - you really did have a bad experience.

My experience with the Jayakarta was good - but we stayed in a private apartment.

The hotel is fairly large and somewhat old, but still in a great location, just across the beach path from the beach, our apartment was nice, the grounds were very nice. The only time we ate in the hotel the buffet was nothing great but it was ok

I can't really say anything bad about the place.

geelong
Level Contributor
488 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jayakata

Notice George has only made 1 forum post??

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jayakata

we stayed 2 x one bedroom adjoining apartments in november 2012 there were 5 adults and loved and then myself and 2 daughters 21 and 18 stayed there again in Feb 2013. we loved everything about it but we never eat there we aleways went else where to eat so i cant comment on the food. we stayed in residence A block both times on level 5 and theres a lift going up and down aswell as stairs.

we are also booked in again this nov coming for 5 adults in a 2 bedroom apartment on level 5

i seem to like being up the top level we have never had a problem with noise or anything . we have no complaints at all

Get answers to your questions about Legian