We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circling the island

new york
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Circling the island

We would like to circle the island of Bali, using the coastal routes, either by hiring a driver or using an organized tour company. Is there a tour company that does this? If we hire a driver and start on Jalan Melasti, what time in the morning would we need to leave to complete the circle and be back by 6 pm?

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Circling the island

I would suggest you contact some of the recommended drivers on the list above, or a car hire company as they will have a better idea. It took us 6 hours to get to the north - using the most direct route. I hope the driver is going to get a rest somewhere during the trip.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Circling the island

Circling the island in one day is not possible.

The island is small but traffic very slow.

From Legian I would suggest going to Amed via Candi Dasa. Even then a day trip would take a long time. Genrally from Legian to Amed 3+ hours one way.

I would suggest going to either Amed or Lovina for one night.

If you have a driver they usually sleep in a homestay. Drivers would not normally stay in tourist hotels. Of course you pay.

In my opinion the west coast is not as interesting as the east and does not cater so much for tourists.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,938 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Circling the island

Hi

you won't be able to circle the island in one day trip. Although distances look achievable on a map road conditions are only suited to rather slow travel.

To get around to interesting places in Bali some research will be helpful to you to see what is in each area and plan accordingly. Many of us stay a night or two in various areas to enjoy what is in each area. Leaving the south and moving around is a good option. If you want further help we could advise some interesting areas for you.

Go to this page and look at the right hand side of the page at the 'top questions'' we have compiled. There is a list of highly recommended drivers. IF you want to see Bali then go to their web sites, blogs etc and take a look and then contact a few and they will also help you plan some day trips.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294226-i7220-B…

4. Re: Circling the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Legian