We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go and Accomadation questions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go and Accomadation questions.

Hello Everyone,

I read the information on the internet and kinda overloaded and not finding what I want. I am going to Indonesia after Ramadan at the end of the month and not quite sure where to go.

I was thinking Bali and Yogyakarta. Where else do you recommend?

I am not sure what areas on Bali or other islands I should go to.

I am 47 years old and not going to Bali for a vacation. I am going to see what it is about and to learn more. Going to live there for a couple of months see if I like and it and then come back in the future.

I am looking for accommodation more like a Guesthouse rather then a resort. I don't swim or lay in the sun. I like beach areas, walking, exploring, and people watching.

Looking for accommodation more geared towards where a expat would stay in. Just need a secure, quiet room, with A/C, TV, refrigerator and WiFi. Hopefully something from $15.00USD to $65.00USD.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go and Accomadation questions.

These are only personal ideas but not a bad read if considering moving to Bali. However your plan to visit for a month is a good one, you will only find out if you think you can in fact move there by doing this. There are plenty of inexpensive kos' around where you can live very cheaply.

http://www.livebali.net/p/about-me.html

balimanual.com/2012/07/moving-to-bali-guide/

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go and Accomadation questions.

Hi, stay away from the coastal area of kuta up to seminyak and beyond it's full of none stop hotels restaurants bars etc etc, the beach is only ok and full of beach chairs..... Head in land to Ubud and use this as a base to enjoy the island plenty of tours to be had and biking and hiking et.... Enjoy

3. Re: Where to go and Accomadation questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Legian