We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Hi all,

Thinking of going to the Jayakarta in October anyone been recently? have heard mixed responses from friends but thought I would try you guys for an informed insight..... Just myself and wife + couple of teens looking to spend around $100-120 a night on a two bedroom setup..

Your thoughts please..

Ratman

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,352 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

You might be better looking at recent reviews and messaging the reviewers. Try to ascertain why they liked/disliked the hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

I have a friend who recently stayed there and was very dissapointed. He said the only good thing about it was the pool area.

I personally looked at booking there for 12 people but the rooms were horrible. 'Like prison cells' to quote my wife.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

If i looked at the reviews I would never stay there, we have been staying there for over 10 years now, and i wouldnt go anywhere else. I have stayed at the Padma twice, and I wouldnt go back and pay a fortune like that again. We have now a large around 30 friends that go at the same time each year and become wonderful friends, and none of us would ever consider moving to a different hotel. I am not a fussy person so I dont need every luxury there is to be had, as long as we have a clean and tidy room we are happy as we are only in it to sleep. My room was def not anything like a prison cell, its quite nice and in the 300 block of rooms. The location is great, the restaurants near are terrific and Yes the pool areas are very good. If you want some pictures PM me and I can sort through some of the years gone by and and send you some of my own. They seem to get less each year we visit.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

I have a friend who just returned from there this week. They stayed with two teenagers. I will contact her and find our what she thought.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Hey guys thanks for the feedback..

Bofman....interesting!!

Blackiesgirl....sounds like a keeper!!

Misspixielix...waiting for your update..thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Blackiesgirl, unable to PM but would love to see your photos...

thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

I stay there at least 2x yearly when I have friends and family there. It is a really nice place well worth the money. The deluxe rooms are clean, bright and new beds. mattresses. etc. The 4 pools mean they the kids can escape the adults and getting 2x interconnecting rooms means 2 bathrooms, balconies tv's etc. I think it is a better option than the private apartments. I also have many photos if you want to see them.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

There is nothing wrong with hotel. It is in a great position, the restaurants along the beachfront are good, the markets and shops are close by in fact out the back of the hotel.We stayed in a one bed apartment with our two boys 12 and 14 and found it a bit small so would go a two bedder or as Linda said look at interconnecting rooms. There are a number of privately owned apartments so have a look at those.We would definately stay again.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Here you go Ratman

this is the reply from my friend

Great location, our rooms were old but clean. Good pools.

Choice of restaurants, just far enough out of Kuta.

Paths had broken pavers but they were being maintained.

Gardens were well looked after.

Cheap!!!

Hope this helps.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jayakarta hotel...Recent visits to this one??

Ok if you can pop your email address on I can email you.

Get answers to your questions about Legian