We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

After a basic map reading error and not understanding the scale, i realised that many hotels that look far apart are actually quite close.

We are looking for a place under $100 and have come across the new ananta and the losari. The lokha looks good but is a bit more expensive. Is it worth the extra $20 - $40p/n. Is the losari not a good option with a baby as it might be noisy. Has anyone ever stayed in one of the villas at the losari with the private pool? I have read the reviews but cant decide. Hoping for some feedback as we dont know this area well. Cheers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

A lady from my work (partner of a patient) is over there staying in the Losari villas as I write. She is traveling with a group of women who all stayed there last year as well.

I can only base my comment based on one trip

So for location it depends on how close to "what" or anything do you want to be?

The Ananta is the furthest away from the other two and could be a 15 minute walk north from the Losari with a pusher.

We stayed at the KP and drove past the Amanta quite a few times. I thought it was a little "concrete looking".

Have you looked at rooms at the KP, they should come in under budget.

We are considering the Lokha for our Jan 2013 trip but haven't decided as yet as we want to be close to the beach as well.

Donnybrook...
Level Contributor
42 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

Hi Micaroo

I have not stayed at any of these hotels, but have stayed a few times on Jalan Padma Utara and know the area fairly well (I agree - the maps of Bali are very difficult to read if you don't know the area!) so I will try to help as best I can.

Lokha Legian is on Jalan Padma which runs straight down to the beach for great access is a one-way street from Jalan Legian which you can walk to/from in less than five minutes either way. It looks very boutique, the location is great, but Jalan Padma is quite busy, but the restuarant is located on the street and the rooms appear to be set back. Losari is then located off to a side-street (better for mopeds than cars) which is aka 'Garlic Lane' and lined with shops - a very tame Poppies Lane perhaps. Both are busy thoroughfares, so traffic noise is going to be dependant on the individual traveller.

Garlic Lane (Jalan Sahwadewa) has a bit of rowdy nightlife which tames down after midnight, Jalan Padma has more restaurants and better access by taxi and legian beach.

They are both located on one-way streets so this reduces the traffic.

Both are about a five minute walk from each other.

I don't know the area very well for Ananta, but it is heading north on the outskirts of Legian, closer to Seminyak. I have walked this beach area and love it. It starts to get a bit quieter - but I don't personally know the street location. The beach location is quite good and the restaurants in this area of the beach are getting a bit more up-market as you are closer to Seminyak. Kumala Pantai Italian is my favourite - authentic & affordable, on the beach and relaxed with a white tablecloth setting. This would be about five minutes from Ananta.

If I was looking for a quieter area I would say Ananta would probably be the place as the traffic starts to get a bit less congested.

Hope this info helps and have a great holiday!

Donnybrook...
Level Contributor
42 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

I agree with Sunset4us - it is worth looking at the rooms at 'KP' - Kumala Pantai - the hotel is quiet and great location.

Remember to request a ground floor room if you are carting a stroller/pram - where ever you stay! Unless you like the workout!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

Thank you all for your replys. We are going in July and i already have my Ubud and Sanur accom sorted but dont know the legian area well. I had looked at KP but its $140 p/n which is over our budget. The main thing i wanted was to be close to lots of spas, the beach, and restaurants but mainly the massages so i can be pampered while hubby looks after our sleeping baby. Our daughter still naps twice a day so we need to go back and forth a lot.

Decisions, decisions! My husband cant understand why I spend so much time trying to choose a place. He is more of the just pick one type but I know I will regret it if I’m stuck somewhere average when the place down the road would have been wonderful. I’m probably tossing up between the ananta and the lohka but will probably choose the ananta as it’s a bit cheaper, unless of course I find something better during the hours of research ahead.

I’m going to use this trip to visit hotels for our next trip where we will be taking teenage children to see what hotels have interconnecting rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
589 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

I had a look at the Losari last time we were there and it looked pretty good for the price. As said above it is in Garlic Lane so really close to lots of shopping, restaurants and spas and just a block away from the beach. I don't think it would be that noisey as the restaurant is on the street, then the pool and then the rooms so they are set back from the road.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

The Ananta is definitely in a quieter street. It is also close to many great spas and only a few meters to the beach. Plus it is almost brand new.

anantalegian.com/hotel/index.php…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

Haven't stayed at the other two but had a look at the rooms at Ananta recently. Great position and new but the rooms are very small and I think with a baby I would want more space. The buildings surround the pool so that area felt claustrophobic to me too.

Good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

Hi, i would highly recommend the losari, i have been many times and have taken my 3 children everytime and they do sleep during the day as well, they have big rooms and it is in a great location to come and go from and close to everything you will need. i have never had a problem with noise either.

Edited: 11:27 pm, June 16, 2012
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

I went and had a look at the Ananta when I was staying at Kumala Pantai. As with a lot of the very new mid range hotels, everything is small. They have tried to cram as many rooms as possible into a very small space, and on as tight a budget as possible. There is minimal space to walk beside the pool - the lounges butt right up

to the sliding doors of the rooms. You would risk having your baby woken by people in the pool, plus little privacy unless you were on a high floor. The rooms themselves are only very small, with tiny bathrooms. You would have to bath the baby in the small sink, plus I don't know where they would fit a portacot. It would not be my choice with a baby.

Have you look at a small private apartment at the Jayakarta? They might have something in your price range. Google "Jayakarta private apartment".

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where would you stay, ananta, lokha or losari?

I really appreciate everyones advice. I coudnt see how many sq meters the rooms at the ananta are and will be finding out if they will accomodate a porta cot. It will be for 5 nights so maybe i should rethink as it might be very squishy with our baby who is now walking. I was leaning a bit towards the ananta because of the price, it was new and also close to the bintang supermarket and seminyak.

Googling Jayakarta private apartments now. I had been looking at the jayakarta but didnt realise there was a separate web site for privately owned rentals. I'm getting a bit excited now as this could be perfect for my next trip with the teenagers. The search continues!

Get answers to your questions about Legian