We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited we are finally here!

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
So excited we are finally here!

After months in the planning, we were so excited when we arrived yesterday afternoon. Flew Strategic for the first time & couldn't fault them, we even arrived ahead of schedule. Checked into Casa Padma in Legian for the first of 3 nights, and was a bit dissapointed that our request for a room away from the front of the hotel was not met. From past reviews, people have mentioned the noise from the street & the karaoke bar across the road. Not to worry too much, they would move us to another room tomorrow.

Kids had a swim after checking in, they loved the pool, it wraps around the hotel in a u shape & has all different depths & water features. Then we went to Bintang Supermarket to get a sim card with 3G organized for my iPhone, all sorted out by the lovely girl on the phone counter out the front. Picked up some supplies of toiletries, Bintang, snacks & mixers. Didn't feel like going far for dinner, so ate in the Drops Resto in hotel. Had my first try of a Cappirosca (that's how they spelt it!) thanks to ilab's recommendation and have found my new fav drink! Thanks ilab! Ordered mie goreng & nasi campur to share with the kids & was quite nice. Restaurant was pretty busy so we sat out the front & people watched on some lovely cane settings that were sitting on top of a glass floor. Under the glass were pebbles & a water feature with lights that changed colours - the kids loved it. After dinner the kids played in the pool again before a bath & some tv time.

At about 11.30 the karaoke started & after hearing a terrible rendition of New York New York sung by a bunch of inebriated ladies, I decided to get the ear plugs out. It dulled their off key notes but I could still hear thumping from the music. Luckily it didn't go on for hours & I managed some sleep before my son woke at 4am. Great, our tummies were groaning & brekky wasn't until 7am. We had to open some corn chips! Try killing 3 hrs with 2 kids in a hotel room - not much fun! They kept looking out the window waiting for it to be daylight. When it was they went outside & found a little ginger cat. We fed it some of our leftover dinner - we had asked for a doggy bag as we didn't eat it all & had wanted to give it to a little boy & his sister who were selling the leather straps. But when it came time to leave the restaurant we couldn't find them - at least the cat appreciated it.

Just had a nice breakfast beside the pool and now the kids are swimming again. I haven't ventured in yet, maybe later today when it gets warmer. Hope to do some market shopping this morning in Garlic Lane.... soooo happy to be here!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So excited we are finally here!

I love a cat lover, we also feed the Bali cats and adopt one wherever we are staying. So glad you have having a nice time. Keep us posted about the rest of your stay.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So excited we are finally here!

That's wonderful, (and I am also a cat lover)...make sure your room gets changed...it's Bali and they are always happy to do it.

Keep enjoying.

Edited: 8:48 pm, September 28, 2011
West Aust
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Sounds like you're having a good time. Your kids looking out the window waiting for it to be daylight took me back - I remember doing that exact same thing on my very first trip to Bali when I was 10 - it was hard to get to sleep and then I kept waking up and each time I opened my eyes I was so disappointed it wasn't daylight yet. I wish I had that same enthusiasm now LOL.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Thanks so much for the arrival report. I'm off to Bali with my two kids in just 5 weeks time. We are counting down the days !

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Sounds like a nice start, except for the Karaoke!

Happy fun shopping down Garlic lane today and I hope to hear more from you soon, enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Great to hear you are having an awesome time. Hopefully the Karaoke doesn't happen too often. It would drive me nuts!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Hi letmeholidayforever

Glad I have another convert to Caipiroskas! They are just so refreshing, aren't they? The 2nd one always tastes better than the first - just make sure they make the with a good, imported vodka or you will have a hangover the next day! I always ask for Absolute!

I do hope you get to change rooms - that noise would really spoil my holiday, I'm afraid!

Looking forward to reading more!

Cheers

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Thanks for sharing - let us know how the shopping went and if you get a new room:) Cheers and enjoy!

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: So excited we are finally here!

IME of the Casa Padma, it is the standard rooms that are affected by the bar noise. if you are in a standard room, there's no getting away as the standard rooms are all in the front area over the restaurant. The rest of the hotel is superior, deluxe and mini suites.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So excited we are finally here!

Thanks so much for sharing.I only wish i was there as well.

Enjoy your shopping trip.

Keep us all here at home posted on your adventures.

Get answers to your questions about Legian