We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padma Resort - Beach

Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Padma Resort - Beach

Hi All,

I am staying at the Padma in mid July for 10 nights and was just wanting to know what the beach is like infornt of the hotel. I have heard all about the hotel but was also interested to know a little about the beach.

Is it clean enough to swim? Do hotel guests sit on the beach aswell or do they just sit by the pool.

Thanks in advance for any info

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

Yes the beach is fine for swimming, but swim between the green flags, there are strong rips. Unfortunately Kuta beach is now invaded with beach bars, one can barely see the sand . Good for a drink and a chat but there are just too many of them now.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

your hotel has private beach ,nice to relax and swimming with sunset 1810

very fantastic

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

It does not have a private beach.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

The Padma pool and surrounds are so much nicer than the beach. Yet if you want a refreshing dip, you can merely walk from the hotel over the path and have a swim. Depending on tides and weather, the surf is actually quite dangerous so you would need to find whatever area the locals have deemed safe. The beach in front of Padma is not private but may seem that way because most Padma guests stay by the pools. If you choose to sit on the beach you will be approached by sellers or will need to hire a sun lounge.

Perhaps spend a day trip to one of the islands or going to the watersports areas or other beaches perhaps like Dreamland. The beaches are not Bali's best in the "modernised" areas of Kuta/Legian.

Mardi, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

Yes beach is not private at Padma. Not overly nice beach due to all the locals trying to sell u stuff and sometimes dirty.....Nusa Dua on the other hand - lovely........

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

Interested to know Linda what part of Kuta beach is invaded with beach bars. Apart from the beer sellers under the trees from the Discovery boardwalk downwards nothing on the beach that I would say is Kuta.

Beach bars do you mean Crystal Palace etc

Thing is my pet hate are sun loungers. They start with a few around the Pullman then steadily get worse as you head through Legian towards the Bungy. They for me are an eyesore - ok Bali isn't as bad as the cancerous growth that infects the Italian beaches but for me it is an unwelcome reminder of what can happen. They are also a magnet for the various traders on the beach.

As mentioned above the sea itself can be pretty dangerous and as you head from Legian towards the Bungy and beyond it gets more dangerous. Last week there was hardly any "safe" designated swimming area around Legian and up past the double six past the bungy and beyond mostly red flags

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

There are now small portable beach bars right down the beach from Kuta to Seminyak. I think there are just too many and it spoils the once peaceful look of the beach. It was fun to sit at one when they were a hundred metres apart but in some spots they are a few feet apart.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

Just talking about the beach minus the human element which has been covered. July is dry season, the beach faces west and the prevailing winds are usually from the East/South East (offshore direction) this time of year. Most rubbish is blown away from the beach not onto it, so the water visually is pretty clean. The beach sand is a very fine grey colour which is easily churned up in the surf and makes the water mistakenly look dirty. If you apply same common sense rules as you would to a typical Australian surf beach, swimming in the surf is not a problem, and yes swim between flag as you should in Australia.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

Not sure linda what you mean by portable beach bars. I stay at the Discovery (just got back yesterday) and regularly walk the beach to the Bungy and Back. Do you mean these small places with a few plastic chairs located every 10metres near the main road??

If so know what you mean but I only tend to see them when I am walking into town of an evening. During the day tend to walk the shoreline so for me the obvious eyesore are the sunbeds - and I was wondering where the people were getting their beer from.

Walking that distance wearing swim-shorts - where's my money to buy a bow and arrow supposed to be I ask you.

Transport Boss!

No thanks it is quicker to walk

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Padma Resort - Beach

i spent 2 weeks at padma last year and went to the beach most days.it is fine for swimming but since not many padma residents seem to use the beach it is better to walk a couple of minutes up the beach to a flagged area where there is more people so there is less chance of getting hassled by hawkers

Get answers to your questions about Legian