We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Hi just read a post about not trusting Padma with credit card details, we are heading to the padma in august and our room will paid before we travel to bali by our travel agent here in australia. I am assuming that we will not be asked to swipe our credit card? Is this correct? We plan to pay for any room service/inciedentals etc every few days with cash is this possible or will they request our card thankyou in advance for any advice to my question.

cheers

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

You will be required to provide a credit card when checking in

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Yes, you will be required to swipe your credit card as braboy has written - how else can they have a guarantee that they will be paid? This is normal practice and I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
150 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Some hotels may allow you to put a certain amount of cash deposit in lieu of a credit card swipe - I experienced this in Indonesia. You can find out if they will allow this during check in.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Even if you pay in advance a credit card is almost always required at higher end places for the bond (damage to room allowance). It is not just for paying for the accommodation. This is the case for Australia too. All the services/snacks you get are separate and you will be presented with the service receipts that you signed when you check out. This can usually be paid separately by the usual means.

At one hotel i stayed at in Bali the choice was a credit card or 1M RP in cash.

Personally I would get a low limit credit card for such things for peace of mind (well at least *more* peace of mind).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

I don't think that you will have any woriies at the Padma, it is a very reputable hotel.

Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Hi I read the same post you did I got back from Padma last week an had already paid in full before I went so when they requested my credit card I said can I just pay in cash when I check out an after convincing them they said that was fine! Have a great time Padma is beautiful!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

Most hotel and car hire companies request credit card details on arrival. Like others have mentioned its like a security bond - but nothing should be debited unless they have proof of purchases or damage.

When you get home check your credit card statements thoroughly for purchases or amounts not approved by yourself. Keep your receipts for all things you've charged to your cards. Most banks give you 90 days to "dispute" transactions. Call your Bank to dispute any unusual or unathorised transactions as soon as possible. The company that has debited your card will be also requested to provide proof of purchase/authorisation on anything you dispute.

Remember though the shop name may be different to the company that is debiting your account but your receipt should show that comany name. This happens even in Australia.

8. Re: giving credit card details to Padma resort Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Legian