We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Far enough from Kuta???

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Far enough from Kuta???

Is Legian far enough fron Kuta for some peace and relaxation but with enough still happening without it being too full on? Is there an issue with the smell of sewerage around Legian, Seminyak?

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

Yes (depends on the time of day, but it is quieter, more movement at night) No(not that i've ever noticed)spend more time in Legian but the times i've walked the beach in Seminyak there has been no smell.

Just take a peg!!

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

You will find Legian & Tuban are often still listed under "Kuta" for some reason...bit of a grey area where one begins and ends. I have just returned from staying at "Kuta Lagoon resort" (technically in Legian). No recall of sewerage smell. The area I found busy enough, yet quiet enough -- perfect mix!

South Kuta (Tuban) is also a nice alternative to full-on "Poppies Lane" in Central Kuta. Have had enjoyable stays at Santika & Febris...busy enough, yet quiet enough! Walking distance to beach, HEAPS of restaurants, shops, Waterbom Park, Centro & Matahari Shopping centres.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

I , along with many think that Legian is just as busy as Kuta.

The thing that makes Kuta busier is the traffic jams that happen mid to late afternoon. skinny one way streets.

It also has Matahari department store and Kuta square so more shopping.

That generally makes for more people.

But if you are looking for quiet.....head to top of Legian....start of Seminyak (Pearl hotel, Kusnadi hotel, Dhyana Purah hotel) as it does not distincly cut off and become quieter from Kuta to Legian (which is where Kuta lagoon is really).

Tuban is another option and still within reach of Kuta square, centro discovery , waterbom and sports bars.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

Legian is in general still in between Kuta & Seminyak area. Bali is too small if you want to pinpoint where exactly one starts or ends.

But legian is far enough from the hectic life of overly loud music or really bad traffic jam, while being closely enough to the beach (legian beach) and good restaurants. I'd say if you want to be just in the middle of everything, while don't want to bother yourself with the traffic jam, legian is the best choice for you.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

I have stayed in Legian, Kuta, Siminyak and Upud.

Legian is a tad more sedated than Kuta.

IMO I think it depends on the Hotel's placement as to how much noise.

I don't find any of the mentioned to be too full on.

I prefer somewhere in between Kuta & Legian, reason being so that you can easily walk to both.

I have stayed in Seminyak and at that time I thought it too far away.

I like to walk, not taxi from place to place.

I have not been to Bali for some years now and miss it.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

This is like asking how far is my left foot from my right. If you are standing they are close, if you are running they are a bit further apart.

Basically one runs into the other. There is very little difference between the two places.

This whole island actually "happens", depending upon what you want.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

I know how far apart my feet are at any given stage.

What I wanted to know was (and as all others understood) is Legian far enough from the hectic pace and noise of Kuta, whilst being not too quiet.

Some people say that some areas are too quiet and some too noisy so I'm looking for somewhere in between. To be more specific we are looking at the Padma and someone in our group thinks that it is going to be far too noisy with copius amounts of drunken teens running amok.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

Infinity71:Padma will be fine, think of Legian as Darling Harbour and Kuta as Kings X, as for smell, the creek near The O-CE-N Bali Outrigger Resort ( more towards Seminyak) is always on the nose when I walk down that way. Yet people happily swim where it flows into the ocean, must have poor sense of smell?

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
perth
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

the padma is a bit expensive for drunken teen scene. its a great location and lovely resort. melasti street is the dividing line for kuta/legian. bali is a pretty grotty place, like most of indonesia, but your resort wont be.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Far enough from Kuta???

You will love The Padma and location.

The area around the Padma is far less hectic than Kuta,but still vibrant enough to take it all in.

Enjoy your holiday

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Get answers to your questions about Legian