We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Powerpoints?

Newcastle, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Bali Powerpoints?

Hi,

We are off to bali on thursday and i was wondering if we need to buy power point adapters or something for over there to charge cameras, phone etc?

Thanks everyone

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

Bali uses 2 round pins in their power sockets so you will need an adapter (European adaptors work fine). You can buy them easily enough in Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

also some hotels supply the adapters for guests to use so e mail your hotel and ask. It is also a good idea to take a power board from home so you can charge a few things at once.

George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

Snooky! How clever you are! I have never thought of taking a power board, so thankyou :)

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

I purchased an adapter over there with 3 outlets. Was about 25000 if I remember. Works a treat.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

I actually brought from Bunnings a power board with 3 sockets european points (that is the socket you need) it also worked well. Just plugged everything in at the one place.

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

If the hotel does not supply an adapter you can get them very cheaply in Bali. They are readily available at all the larger shops like Hardys and Mataharis but you often see them at a lot of the street stalls. They will generally only cost Rp10 000. As Snooky said also take a powerboard from home as this then gives you plenty of outlets for charging several things at once.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Newcastle, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

Thanks heaps everyone :)

8. Re: Bali Powerpoints?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:22 am, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Legian