We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Hi,

Will be heading to Bali early next year and we arrive in the evening.

I am going with 2 friends (all leaving husbands & kids at home). We are staying at the Mandira in legian. Does anyone know a good bar or restaurant nearby that offer happy hour specials?

Any suggestions on a good place to eat on our first night?

Thanks for any suggestions

Tracy

Sydney
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Mozzarella in JL Padma has 2 for one cocktails all day and great food. The service is 2nd to none. Nero's in JL Legian also have 2 for 1 cocktails and great pizza and pasta.

Have fun.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Most restaurants have happy hour , particularly the places up Jln Padma and Garlic Lane. We had cocktails at Mozzarella last October but we were not happy. They were very watery and only filled half the glass.

The juices were the same, half mast and warm.

A good first night dinner for me is always on the beach strip. Try Seaside, Zanzibar , Lanai or Blue Ocean. Great food and great view.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

We had fabulous cocktails at Mozzarella, filled to the brim and icy cold, they packed a punch too. They were so full I had to lean forward and sip some out before I could pick the glass up as I was fearful of wearing it. I don't know how the waiter carried it over. Great food hear too, especially the seafood wantons. Nikosoma is getting good reviews for cocktails too and it is overlooking the beach. Half price till 9.30, I think.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Thanks for you reply.

Mozzarella sounds good for our first night. We arrive at 5pm so we will probably miss the usual happy hours by the time we get through customs and to our hotel.

Do you suggest I book or can we just rock up?

Thanks

Tracy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Tracy if it is just the three of you you shouldn't have any problems, you may have to have a drink at the bar whilst you wait for a table though.

Have Fun

Australind...
Level Contributor
242 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

Totally agree with Mozzarella, all night 2 for 1 cocktails and they were great. We also stayed at the Mandira and it was only a 5-10 minute walk down Jl Padma.

Have fun!

:)

Edited: 10:53 pm, December 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

The Parasol Bar and Restaurant at the Mandira does a great happy (couple?) of hours with two for one cocktails overlooking the beach. They also do a great gourmet pizza.

Sydney
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

yes love mozzarellas, great food great service, have tried zanzibar and didnt like it, not much i liked on menu. have fun cheers

9. Re: Half price cocktails or 2 for 1 deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 15, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Legian