We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccinations

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
vaccinations

my husband and i are going to bali for the first time in febuary should we be vaccinated .also although we live in australia we are on british passports how much are the visas we have to pay @ bali airport on arrival.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,960 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vaccinations

Visa on arrival is $25US per person and departure tax is 150,000rp per person. Further information about this can be found in out 'top questions about bali'. You can find this on the right hand side of the bali forum home page along with a lot of other helpful information for first timers.

As for immunisation, yes there are some you should get. Information changes regularly and you need to make an appointment with your local GP now to get updated information and also check basic things like your tetanus updates etc. Everyone will give you their opinion regarding immunisations but you really need to see your doctor and get professional advice. They are aware of the current situation in different countries and also know your medical history.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vaccinations

As Snooky says visa on arrival is $US 25 for every person entering Bali. As for vaccinations you will probably get different advice from different people, but you can go to Bali and not have any vaccinations at all. I would certainly recommend that your tetanus is up to date and maybe a Hep A and B shot, but I have many friends who travel to Bali regularly and do not have any vaccinations. Some people will tell you need to have rabies shots, but in my opinion this is unneccesary as even if you have them (and they are a series of 3 costing more than $120 each) and then get bitten by a dog you still have to get another 2 or 3 vaccinations after the bite. Just be wise and stay away from dogs and monkeys.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vaccinations

Always get a GP's advice on immunisations. Information changes all the time.

This is what my NHS surgery use:

http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/indonesia/bali.aspx

With regards to Rabies, as mentioned above its down to choice. I ended up having mine before I went because of low stocks of immuniglobin just to be on the safe side. You get a course of 3 jabs, but would still require a further 2 if bitten etc. Remember though once you develop symptoms of Rabies it is inevitable that people die. Steer clear of monkeys and dogs.

Make sure you read all the small print in your travel insurance. Some will not cover you if you haven't had the recommended jabs before your holiday. So see your GP and go with their advice.

Edited: 4:34 am, December 07, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vaccinations

thankyou i will going to my doctor to see what i need.....

5. Re: vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, June 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Legian