We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather jackets

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Leather jackets

I've been to Dolphin a few times and had a great experiences however this time was quoted $170 for a short leather jacket... we chatted and was able to barter him down to $155. I felt this was a bit much still, so left it.

We went to Tommy's but he was closed.... Am looking for another Leather tailor - Walked past Melasti and Alfin. Has anyone used these guys before?

Recommendations much appreciated. :)

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather jackets

we allso have used dolphin leather a few times but he let us down last time so we found a guy called jermyn street leather and tailor located top end off poppies lane one just past t j s resturant on right hand side we have used him the last 3 times and all work done perfect the first time not even did we have to go back for any fittings fond him honest ready on time and good to deal with and verey good english .you wont be disapointed with his work cheers kobrob...............

Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather jackets

Thanks for the tip kobrob!

Melasti Collection asked 900,000rp which I thought was fair but was worried about using an unknown. Will head off to Jermyn today :)

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather jackets

we used yuli tailor twice now, hubby last oct had a marlin brando leather jacket made for 1 mill rp and this year my daughter had a hip length jacket with zippers and buckles to her design for 900k,hard bartering and right on idul fitri,too. He came to hotel for a fitting for her so it would be finished before they closed.

quality work and leather is so soft.

they are on the left hand side in the little arcade on jl Padma, opposite Posers Pub.jsut before jeenas spa/salon.

Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leather jackets

Only just read your post Beemay - thanks for the info.

Went to Jermyn and was happy with the initial meeting.

I asked for the BEST price he could give us as we were having 2 x leather jackets made, a bag and some boots. One jacket was 850,000rp, the other was slightly more as it was bigger (1million something - around $120-$130 maybe?), the bag he priced at 650,000rp and the boots at 850,000. We were thrilled with this especially after our bad Dolphin prices and accepted.

I took photos and he picked up some detailing that I hadn't picked up, even though I'd been looking at photos of the jacket for months!

Goods will be ready on Friday. Fingers crossed the final result will be as we hope! :) Will let you know.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leather jackets

you wont have any problems kobrob.

6. Re: Leather jackets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, April 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Legian