We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the deluxe and superior rooms. I have been quoted an additional US$30 per night - is it worth the extra??

photos or a description of the layout would be appreciated...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

There are only 4 deluxe rooms, they are single story and are situated by the pool that is at the restaurant and beach end of the property. There is also a private outdoor shower.

The standard rooms are in two storey blocks and are just a little smaller but otherwise of similar standard.

My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room and loved the position of our room to the pool, restaurant and beach, so I am biased to say go with a deluxe room if you can get one. I have a few photo's of the deluxe room, just click on to my profile page to have a look.

Cheers

Edited: 11:28 pm, September 07, 2010
Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Thanks for your quick reply.. I did have look at your photos and they look great..think I wil spend the extra given that we got two for one jetstar for our flights!!

Also spending a night at Greenfields and the last 4 nights at Kumala Pantai to check that out for next time!!! I am a bit worried about the latest reviews of that one though but want to try both for future visits. The Puri Raja have been so helpful with all my emails, pity I can't say the same about the KP... how funny that they have taken my deposit three weeks ago but can't give me the courtesy of a return email to confirm my booking!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Hi Dee

You will find that K/P are slow with their emails, they will respond back to you, paying one night's deposit is something new,(started this year I think, or was it last year??)in the past you could book and pay when you arrived. Once you have booked im pretty sure they don't send send a reply to confirm(don't worry it's not just you) but you could email and ask and also ask the room block and room number you will be in.Just take with you details of your booking and suggest if you are concerned ring and ask to speak to Desi about a month or two weeks before you leave for Bali just to confirm or ring sometime this week to set your mind at ease.

0011 62 361 755500

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Thanks for your advice and the phone number..I think i will ring them closer to going to confirm.

Would hate to get there and not have a booking - Just like to know everything is organised before i go!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Hi Dee,

We also stayed at Greenfields for 2 nights last trip and really loved the hotel and Ubud. We wished we could have stayed for at least another night, (even though it rained nearly the whole time we were there). What room type are you staying in at Greenfields?

Regarding KP, once I had paid the deposit (this was via phone), I emailed them with the details we had discussed (dates, cost per room, extra person charge, room number and deposit payment date and amount) and asked them to confirm all this via return email, which they did. I printed out the email and brought it with us. This turned out to be valuable because the person that gave me prices and confirmed everything had not mentioned anything about the a high season price begining 1st of July, so after looking over my print out they honoured what was confirmed in the email.

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Thanks for your advice re the Kumala pantai.... wil definitely take a copy of any proof of booking we have...

In Ubud we are staying in a Bale Sukat at Greenfields... what type were you in? . i wasn't really sure what to book but thought this one looked 'Balinese' so we would give that a go....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Hi Dee,

I haven't seen your room type, we stayed in Bale Semampai after being offered it at the same price as Bale Adat because that was all they had available. We liked Bale Semampai, but we looked in a Bale Adat room and liked it a little better. The staff are so lovely and it is so peaceful, you will love it!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Its like Dejavu, we also stayed at Greenfields and it was lovely, we stayed in the Bale Sukat after initially wanting Bale Pingit which wasn't available. It has a lovely aspect and the pool area is lovely and peaceful.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

Hi Brisbanylizzy,

Did you end up seeing the Bale Pingit room to compare the two? My husband and I will be going to Bali 9 days ahead of our teenagers next June and want to go much cheaper while its just the two of us. I am now thinking of either Bale Sukat or Bale Pingit.

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puri Raja - Deluxe or Superior accommodation

I have stayed in Bale Pinget on bottom floor and loved it You could sit on your bed and watch the activity in the rice fields through the large glass walls. It had a large bed and a day bed inside The bathroom was massive by Bali standards although it was only a bath and no shower. It is up behind the reception so you walk straight out to the road exit. Very quiet, Loved sitting on verandah having breakie. Pool and restaurant only very short walk.

Get answers to your questions about Legian